The Truth

Chapter 28

Tris' POV

"...she's um, well, she, um, she passed away." I say, stuttering.
"What?" Tobias says.
"Your mom, she passed away. I'm so sorry Tobias."
"Are you serious? We finally made up, and now she's dead!"
"Tobias, she was the one who took me!"
"No she didn't! Only this guy was in the room!"
"Um, Tobias, I was the one who was kidnapped! I would know!"
"Whatever Tris. I know you never liked nor trusted my mom. I'll be back later."
"Tobias! Wait!"
"No Tris. I said I'll be back later."

He walks out and slams the door. I jump at the loud sound. I don't think I've seen Tobias this angry before.

As soon as he leaves I start to cry. I don't want our relationship to be like this. We've always been so good together. I hate this. I can't stand when we get in fights, because it doesn't help either of us.

Shouldn't he be comforting me? I mean, I'm in the infirmary because of his mother. I know he's upset, but still.

I just, I love him so much, and I don't know what I would do without him.

-----------Tobias' POV-------------

I can't believe Tris! My mom didn't kidnap her, it was only this guy. I didn't even know who he was.

But, what if she did?

No, I can't think that. She gained my trust back, and she wouldn't do this.

I mean, my mom never really liked Tris. She could've.

No she couldn't have.

I'm not sure where Tris and I stand right now. I shouldn't have stormed off. It's not Tris' fault she's dead. It's just, it's insane for Tris to think like this.

But, what if she's not lying? I could go to the Factionless and look at recent video footage.

Yes. I'll do that. Hopefully then I'll be at peace.

-----------END-----------

Hey guys! Hoped you enjoyed reading. I cried writing that first part. Sorry😖

QOTD: Favorite song at the moment?
AOTD: Icarus by Bastille😍

DFTBA💕

-Xrachel4646X