Chapter Thirteen

Avery's POV:

"Thank god you're here. I've been walking alone for the last ten minutes." Katie complained when she found me at my locker.

It was the beginning of a new day and class would be starting in 15 minutes.

"Aw well what would you do without me?" I mocked her, earning a slap on the arm.

It was finally Friday and you could tell how done I was with school just by looking at my outfit.

I had a huge gray hoodie on, black leggings, and red converse high tops.

"Can we walk around for a bit? I have to tell you something." She lowered her voice and I nodded.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Well, there's this guy." She started but paused.

"Okay.. and who exactly is this guy?" I nudged.

"I don't want to tell you. Not yet anyway. I have to see if he likes me first before I start actually talking about him." She explained.

I groaned.

"Why would you wanna talk to me if you're not even gonna tell me who it is!" I complained.

"Relax! I wanted to tell you why I think he likes me!"

"Fine, go." And she started rambling about how this guy always looks at her at lunch, how he goes to her volleyball games, how they're just perfect for eachother, etc.

"Sounds great Katie." I replied sarcasticly.

"I need to find you a boyfriend. You're acting more snobby than usual." She replied.

I narrowed my eyes at her, "Thanks, but no thanks."

"Are you sure? Because I know a few people who would just love to take you on a date," she winked at me.

"Oh shut up," I laughed.

*****

After a long day at school and an even longer time at practice, I was grateful to go home and just relax for a little.

After I showered and finished the little homework I had, it was only 7. The phone next to me started to vibrate and Katie's name flashed on the screen.

"What's up?" I answered.

"Before you say no please hear me out, there's this party tonight and I heard that the guy I like is going to be there so please come with me." She rambled.

"Honestly Katie, the last thing I want to do right now is go to a party and have random, drunk off their ass guys trying to get in my pants."

"No it won't happen this time, I'll stay with you the whole time. Two friends having fun? Nobody will bother us pleaaasseee!" She whined.

I thought about it for a little and maybe a night out with Katie wouldn't be such a bad thing. I need to take a break from guys and have fun with one of my best friends.

"Fine," I gave in. "But you're doing my hair."

"Ugh thank god you said yes, I'm actually already parked in front of your house." She giggled.

My eyes widened and I peeked through the curtains and there she was, I couldn't help but laugh my ass off.

"Creep."

*****

Katie quickly curled my hair and I lazily put on eyeliner, mascara, and smokey eyeshadow.