Chapter Five

Avery's POV:

poke

poke

poke

THUD!!

I woke up 10 minutes ago on the hardwood floor of a certain bad boy's bedroom, but it wasn't me who fell. It was 6:00 in the morning and we had school today so I kept poking his face then finally shoved him off of the bed.

"Fuck!" He shouted shooting up from the floor. His eyes immediately met mine, "What the hell are you doing in my house!?" he growled.

I laughed in amusement from his confusion, "You obviously don't remember what happened last night then?"

His eyes go wide and that's when I realized how bad that sounded.

"I mean I saved your ass, you would've probably been asleep in some random dudes backyard." I explain and he lets out a breath of relief.

"What happened last night?" he asks me.

That's when I started to ramble on, "Well, you were really drunk so Emma called me and told me to drop you off at home so I tried to find you but I got harassed by this weird guy and you punched him then I drove you home and you said I was cute then you fell asleep and I couldn't leave because I had no ride then I slept on your not so comfortable floor so now I need you to take me home so I can get ready and head to school and make it on time please."

"Why don't I have a major hangover if I was drunk enough to forget all that?" He asked with the same annoyed expression.

"I made you take pills before you fell asleep, you're welcome."

He let out a breath in relief again then I told him again, "I need you to take me home, I'm gonna be late for school." Then I tossed him his car keys.

He caught them and nodded then lead the way to his car.

"You know, usually when people help out others, they get a 'thank you' in return. I don't think I got one yet.." I told Wesley after he started the car up.

He glanced my way and rolled his eyes, "Thank you so much Sweetcheeks, I don't know how I would live without you." He sarcastically mocked me. Earning him a hard smack to the arm.

My slap obviously didn't affect him at all since he dramatically rubbed his arm and I rolled my eyes before laughing with him.

"Are you skipping History again today?" I asked him.

"That depends.. will you keep me company?"

"Well believe it or not, talking to you is more fun than learning about dead people." I admit.

"Well I am a pretty cool person, aren't I?" He asks.

"The real question is can your ego get any bigger?" He rolls his eyes at me.. again.

"So what's up with you and Travis? Why do you hate eachother so much?" I ask him hoping that he'll give me more information than Travis did.

"If I knew I would tell you. I have never talked to that fuck face my whole life, but he hates my guts for some reason. I think he thinks that I'm trying to steal you from him or something?" He tells me.

"What do you mean steal me?" I ask.

"Oh come on Avery. You know that guy likes you right?" He asks me and I shake my head no.

"He definitely has something going on for you. I don't know how you haven't noticed before." Wesley shares and I laugh at his misunderstanding.

"No no, you've got it all wrong. Travis is like my best guy friend. I think I would know if he had feelings for me." I try to explain.