Chapter Four

Avery's POV:

silence..

silence..

more silence..

You're probably wondering what's so quiet. Well, here I am sitting in detention because a certain 'bad boy' doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in here who's remotely normal.

The teacher watching us is fast asleep, there's a group of intimidating looking guys and they've been throwing paper balls at the unconscious teacher for the past 45 minutes. Then there's me, with my head in my arms mentally stabbing myself.

And to make things worse, these boys haven't stopped flirting with me ever since I got here. And it's not too appropriate either.

Lunch

Today is Pizza Day! AKA my favorite day of the week, besides the weekend of course. But pizza has to be my favorite food in the whole wide world.

Im standing in line with Travis in front of me when someone pokes my shoulder. I turn around and see that a certain badboy is closer than me than I'd like.

"What do you want Wesley?" I asked glaring at the freakishly tall male in front of me.

He chuckled before answering "I just wanted to see how detention went."

"Oh that! Perfect! Wonderful!"

"You got detention?" Travis cut in, glaring at Wesley.

"Yeah, for thinking out loud." I reply.

Travis nodded, still glaring at Wesley. "Why are you talking to Black?" he asked me acting like Wesley wasn't there.

"Why do you care fuck face?" Wesley answered for me.

I looked at them both in confusion while they both shared unholy comments with eachother.

"Am I missing something here?" I asked cutting in before something bad happens.

"Stay away from this ass Avery, he's nothing but bad news." Travis explained.

"Fuck off." Wesley said then walked over to his lunch table.

"What was that all about?" I asked with a confused expression.

"He's not a good guy Avery." He said and the look on his face told me that I shouldn't push this topic further.

*****

When I got home from volleyball practice, I was exhausted. My whole day was boring after that lunch incident with Wesley and Travis. Wesley skipped last period and I kinda wished he was there to keep me company during History.

I take a quick shower and I'm absolutely relieved that I don't have any homework. Now I can take a huge nap until dinner.

Ten minutes later, I wake up to the sound of my phone vibrating under my pillow. I pull it out before seeing that it's Katie who's calling.

"Hello?" I lazily answer.

"Hey Avery! There's a party tonight that we just have to go to! Ill stop by so we can both get ready okay?" She tells me.

"Party on a Wednesday night?" I ask

"Yeah and it's gonna be huge! Everyone's going and so are you, I'll be at your house in 5." Katie replies super excited.

"I guess." I sigh

"Great. Well open your front door I'm almost there. See ya in a few!" She says and I hang up.