Taking What's His - Chapter 29

{ Cyril's POV }

The intoxicating scent was overwhelming, slowly invading the senses and taking over. It was no longer a throbbing, pulsating sensation, full of life and everything that makes one human. It was vulnerable, exposed, slowly cooling without a beating heart to keep it hot.

A simple inhale sent one such as myself into ecstasy, and a mere taste sent monsters into their own hellish heaven. Pale fingertips ran over the splattered puddle, causing slight ripples in the crimson liquid before they were lifted away and brought to equally pale lips, now stained with her blood.

Delilah. The name itself brought a groan of lust from parted lips, a tongue ravishing the blood coated fingers held before my face. I wanted her. I needed her. And I would most surely have her, although most certainly over someone's dead body.

* * * * *

A/N

I felt like that all had to be italicized. So sorry. Wow, okay so maybe its because I am supposed to be focusing on my math worksheet and am in a class full of oblivious students that this felt so wrong (yet so right) to jot down. It was sort of erotic in my mind, although it probably did not come out that way here.

Quick side note because I don't feel like adding it to the story: What happened to the truck driver? Ashton certainly didn't send any help for him--and now our pale haired vampire is on the scene. Well, we definitely will be sending someone off to the morgue today, and its not Delilah.