Him

"Excuse me,miss." she heard a velvety voice call her but did not open her eyes. She was too tired to do so. Then somebody shook her so she opened her eyes and met the most beautiful dark orbs she could ever see. He was looking at her with pity.
"Wha...what do you want?" asked Gauri.
"Nothing. I just saw you sleeping here. You are Shivaay's wife. Please go and sleep inside."
"He has thrown me out." she spoke nonchalantly. His facial expressions did not change. Maybe he knew Shivaay was like that.
"I can't let you go to any guest room. I don't have the right. Please come to my room."
"No,I am okay."
"But I can't let you stay here. Please come."
Sighing Gauri got up and walked with the long haired guy.

She entered his room. It was huge but not bigger than Shivaay's. She saw the various paintings. All those paintings seemed dark and lonely. As if the pain of the artist's heart has come out.
"Please sleep here." she heard his mesmerising voice again.
"Then where will you sleep?"
"Don't worry,I'll manage."
"I....I will sleep on the floor." saying this she laid on the floor coverig herself with the dupatta of her wedding attire. He did not stop her from doing so.

She had fallen asleep within seconds. She must be tired. He did not go to sleep. He took a canvas and took out all his brushes and colours. It has been six months since he has painted. He stopped touching the brushes the day his mother landed in coma.

"Mom...mom!! Please.... Please open your eyes. You can't leave your boy alone like this." he pleaded as she was being taken to the operation theatre. She had met with an accident.
"I am sorry. Mrs.Jhanvi Oberoi has gone into coma." the doctor said.
He felt like his whole world was finished. He had none except his mom. She too left him. Why? Since then he stopped painting. Hr had to take care of his mother so he continued to work. He made designs for some companies but stopped painting what his heart wanted.
But today he was going to paint again.Paint this heavenly beauty.
Mixing the colours he started painting but somehow everything he painted seemed incomplete. He felt like he was failing miserably to paint her flawless beauty.

It was 6 in the morning when he was satisfied with what he made. He smiled. Covering the painting he hid it in a corner of his room. Then taking the towel he headed towards the washroom.

He came out of the washroom to see that she had woken up. Her clothes were disheveled. The dupatta of her lahenga had fallen off. Seeing him she quickly draped it around herself.
"Erm..morning." he tried to start a conversation.
"Good morning." came her reply. He realized that he hadn't noticed last night but her voice was sweet. It was as if her voice was trying to sooth all his pain. He kept staring at her as if she was some angel descended from heaven while she tried to avoid his gaze.
That's when they heard the knock on the door. Omkara went to open the door and met a visibly angry Pinky. Pinky looked behind him to see Gauri standing there.
"So you were sleeping with him." came her rude comment.
"No...no..I.." Gauri tried to justify while Omkara seemed nonchalant.He knew her well.
"Whatever,if you are done satisfying him,get ready and come downstairs. Some of my friends have come to meet you." saying this Pinky left and Gauri's tears started running. Omkara ran to her.
"Hey! Don't cry. She is always like that. Don't listen to her." he held her hand. She nodded wiping her tears. She was about to leave when he called her and she turned around to see him.
"Ermm..what is your name?" he asked a bit awkwardly.
"Gauri....and yours?"
"Omkara."
"O! Omkara." she repeated his name and it somehow made him feel heavenly. He never thought his name could sound so good. She left while her words were running in his head.
Omkara...