The Fairytale Bride

Gauri stood in front of the huge mansion. It was very beautiful. But not to her. After all no bird wants to be caged,even if it is a golden cage. She couldn't stop the tear that slipped from jer eye. The media was already here. Pinky Singh Oberoi came towards her and pretending to kiss ber forehead lovingly she whispered in her ears,"Say exactly what I have taught you. Don't try to act smart." Yes,she had memorised these words.
Reporter 1: Ma'am, can you please tell us your name?
Gauri: Gauri Shivaay Singh Oberoi
Reporter 2: When and where did you two get married?
Gauri: In my village. We got married today itself.
Reporter 2: Ma'am was it a love marriage?
She just nodded.
Reporter 1: How did you both fall in love?
Gauri: He came to my village a few weeks ago. He had helped me a lot. He never cared about his status of being an Oberoi and I knew that he was the man.
Gauri lied through her teeth.
Reporter 3: Don't you have any problem with his disability?
Gauri: Never. A person can never be judged by his physical appearence. His heart his all I need.
Reporter 4: Or is it all because of money?
Gauri :Money can never buy love.
Pinky:Now you may leave. We need to do all the rituals with my bahu.
With that the all stepped ahead to leave but Shivaay held Gauri's hand and asked her to kneel. She knelt in front of his wheelchair.He softly kissed her cheek and media took photos. After that they all went inside. While going inside she heard the reporters say," So here we finally saw THE SHIVAAY SINGH OBEROI'S bride. The Fairytale Bride. She could not help the sigh. If only they knew what a fairytale her life is! With these thoughts she headed inside when Pinky slightly twisted her wrist.

Gauri sat in the room nervously. She looked at all the pictures hung on the walls. In all those pictures she could see a young and happy woman. In some pictures she wad pouting,in some she was smiling, i some she was laughing and in some she was blushing as Shivaay kissed her or held her in his arms. He was perfectly fine then. He was standing on his ceet and seemed very happy. It seemed like they were living a fairytale. What happened to them? Her attention shifted to the door when Shivaay entered. A man brought him in and helped him to get on the bed. She didn't speak a word. Shivaay barked,"Leave." and the man left immediate. After a while he spoke in a deadly tone,"Didn't I tell you to leave?"
"Huh." now she knew it was for her too. "Leave right now." he shouted and she hurried out of the room.

Gauri didn't know anything about this mansion. She did not know where to go. So she sat on the floor outside his room resting her head on the pillar.

A while later she heard the screech of a car. She saw a man quickly going inside a room and then she saw some servants carrying bottles of something. Paints maybe. She could not see that man's face due to his long hair but she felt something inside her chest. Some kind of unsettling feeling.

After that she thought about what she heard in the car when they were coming.
Flashback

She sat in the car void of any emotions when she heard Pinky say,"Now my son will e the heir of Oberoi Industries. Finally he will have everything. "
"Yeah, according to my father's will which grandson gets tge highest education and takes up business and gets married before the age of thirty he will get the property and wealth." smile Shakti.
"I still don't why he added the clause of marriage." said Pinky
"He always wanted them to settle down." said Shakti
"Hmm. But the good thing is Omkara will not get anything."
"Don't forget that he has a share in the mansion. Dad had given a part to Shivaay and a part to him." told Shakti.
"That doesn’t matter."  Gauri looked at Shivaay but he didn't even care. He was looking out of the window as if he had lost something special or rather someone.

She heard the door open and saw the same man walk out. He headed downstairs. This time also Gauri could not see this mysterious man's face. But that feeling in her chest returned the minute he stepped outside. She didn't know when she fell asleep in that position,thinking about that man.