SLUT

A couple nights had passed since Trey's beating. I took on more work on the field so that Trey could heal up. Mista Johns wife was pissed when she saw Trey. She hated my momma, but she wasn't all bad. I sat on my knees picking the cotton, making sure its clean when a tall shadow kneeled next to me. I opened my eyes wide at Trey.

" Ya need ta be rest in, why ya ain't Trey" I asked him in a pissed off voice. His back had split open numerous times because he couldn't sit still.
" My work, ya pregnant Vannah, ya can't be fussin bout like dis,ya gots ta rest" I frowned at him as I saw red spots on the back of his shirt.

" So ya jus go bleed ta death" Trey turned towards me and smiled.
" I luv ya Vannah" I couldn't help but smile and return the sentiment.

"Yous in trouble when we git home" I laughed at him and stole a quick kiss before we both got back to work. Once the sun had set the field master sent us on our way and I struggled to get up. Trey smirked at me as he gripped my small hands in his strong ones and pulled me up. Hissing as he did so.

"Trey, ya hurt, ya jus let my fat ass gets up da best i can, don ya be hurting ya self, ya gots to heal, i ain't go be takin care of dis here babe by mysef" I scolded him as he just smirked at me and bowed his head.

"Yes master, an I mak sho when we git home, ya punish me real good" I laughed as I kissed the top of his head and he held my hand as we walked back to our little shack. He was sure he was going to finish it before the baby came, but I made him rest more than do anything else. All of a sudden I felt the worst pain in my lower back, that slid around to my stomach.

"Oww" Trey stopped and turned to me as if to ask what was wrong, but stopped when he saw me holding my stomach.

"Vannah, ya okay baby" I was about to nod my head when it happened again and made my knees wobble. I would have hit the ground hard if my husband hadn't of been there to catch me. 

"What that is Trey, it hurt bad" Trey rushed over to me and rubbed my stomach as he took me to momma and daddys shack. The pains were coming steady now and I had to stop for a moment and scream as I held Trey's hand tightly.

"Trey wass wrong wif me" he kissed my head as he kept me walking. We reached my mother house and she answered with a gasp.

"Already" Trey nodded his head and momma opened the door rushing us in. Papa and Chris were in the corner laughing about something, when they saw me and stood up quickly.

"Vannah you okay" Chris asked and at the same time the pain hit again and I screamed even louder. 

"Vannah, hush dat noise, get ha on the bed Trey, Chris run and git sista Evelyn, papa get me some hot water and lots of rags, all the ones you can find" Papa looked at me for a moment before springing into action to do what mama said.

"Mama, please, was happenin ta me" Mama smiled and kissed my  forehead . She looked excited about something, while Trey looked scared.

"Yo baby is comin" I shook my head no, it was too soon wasn't it. I had only been with the baby for eight full moons. Shouldn't it have been longer. At that moment there was an even stronger pain that hit me and I yelled again. Momma put something in my mouth and told me to bite down on it. Sista Evelyn came in the room yelling the praisies of God.

"Sista, breng ya high yella ass ova hea and help wit da baby" Sista Evelyn frowned for a moment and walked over to us. Papa brought the towels over to us and I cringed when I saw the amount of blood he brought up from the towels. Was I dying? Tears made their way down my eyes and Trey kissed my forhead.

"I's right here baby, ya have to push fo me" Push, push what, what was I suppossed to push? Momma smiled at me and reached up to grab my hand.

"Vannah ya feel here" I nodded as I felt her push between my stomach and the tops of my thighs.