New Home

I was happy to get off that ship, the rocking and rolling, nothing but water far as the eye can see, I hated it. In a way I also loved it, I became a new woman on that boat. I became Johnny's wife, we aired our grievances, and though I hadn't forgave him fully, I loved my husband. I was surprised to see black men and women, dressed fancy and waling the streets of Paris. It was something I dont even thin I could have dreamed down on Mister's plantation. Negroes really were free here, this is where I wanted my babies to grow up, they would be born free, and I couldn't help the tears falling from my eyes.

"Vannah, baby you ok" I turned towards my husband and kissed him as passionately as I could. He gave me this, our babies this, my sister freedom. I gripped  my sisters hand as we followed Johnny to the coach, one of the boys on the ship put our bags in, and I caught his sly smile towards my sister. I giggled as Riva crawled over her to plop on my lap and hug my belly.

"Baby..........momma" I nodded my head and kissed the top of his blonde curls, as his sister started moving around again. We rode for what felt like hours before the carriage stopped in front a small quaint home. It was the most beautiful cottage I could have ever seen. There was nothing but beautiful green grass surrounding. I felt my eyes welling up again, and the tears started.

"Don't cry yet baby, wait until you see the inside" The carriage came to a complete stop, and Johnny helped me out as Journey took Riva. We walked into the cottage, and it looked like Mista home, only smaller and more homely. It wasn't fancy or overdone, it was a home, it was our home.

"Johnny is that you" I froze at that voice, it was familiar, but it couldn't be, there was no way she could be here.

"My love, before you get upset" Johnny started before his mother came into view, I was frozen, what could I do? This woman had made my life miserable, slept with my husband, and was holding one of the most beautiful little girls I had ever seen. She resembled Trey so much I couldn't stop the sobs.

"Mom, I told you to wait, I haven't even talked to ha yet" His mom seemed like she was taking a deep breath as I couldn't take my eyes off her daughter.

"I have been as low as I could go Vannah, hadn't a home, no one treat me right wit a niggas seed in me, I been humbled and I am sorry for what you gone through, niggas is free nah, so you and me da same, we both got these mullatto babies to love, but yours are my grands and I'd like fo you to let me get to now em" The baby made a happy noise and I couldn't help but touch my belly, it felt empty even though I had another brewing.

"Is also sorry bout Trey" I turned on my husband with angry eyes that softened when I saw how stressed and hurt he was. She was his mother, of course he loved her.

"I wanted to talk about it, but we had so much, Vannah I'm sorry, she won't be here long, just till I get my pappy's money, I'll get her another" I shook my head and pulled his hand, bringing him closer to me.

"I love you Johnny" The smile on his face was worth it. I could deal with her; besides we were equal here, I was no longer her slave. I would have my little girl and get to know Treys beautiful little one too. Riva will start learning French and reading, everything was going to get better. This was our new home; this was our new life. Our love wasn't racist, violent, or going to be looked down upon anymore. We would live black and white, colorblind.

The End.....................................or is it???

I mean it is for this one. Of course, there will be a sequel, but I have so many story ideas, then I will probably edit and re-write something on this one, then work on the sequel. Thank you to those who read this story and kept requesting me to post. I appreciate that!