stars

05:12

beep beep beep

as i hear my alarm go off, i hastily get out of bed, not wanting to leave the warm comfort but knowing what will happen if i stay.

i have to get up earlier and earlier everyday, yesterday i got up at 05:36 but today it went down by 24 minutes. yesterday i should have to wake up at 5 again, then the next day 4:43 and so on. dad has caught onto this pattern i have to avoid getting beaten and is waking up at what time he thinks i'll wake up at. so i have to wake up earlier than that. soon it'll be to the point where i won't be coming home to sleep, i'll just be sleeping on the streets.

enough babbling head, get ready.

05:14 get dressed
05:16 brush teeth
05:18 brush hair, kind of
05:23 get school bag
05:25 grab razor
05:26 cut a few lines, not to deep
05:28 a little gauze so it won't go through the uniform
05:32 grab gauze and put it in school bag along with razor

'shit! it's 05:34! dad will wake up any minute!' i mentally scream to myself.

i jump out the window and right when i land of the mattress i put to cushion the fall (i do this everyday and it will hurt for hero training even though i deserve it), i hear dad open the door to my room. i hide in a patch of darkness near a bush and i see him look out the window.

"god, that stupid kid. i can't even beat him in the morning anymore." i hear him say as he closes and locks my window. i start running out of the yard and when i then the corner, i see someone on a morning run.

i quickly rush over to a hiding place and hide there. he saw me, "are you okay? why are you in a bush?" he asks me. i just tremble in fear.

he grabs me out of the bush and pulls me into a hug. i don't give into the hug until he starts to pet my hair in order to calm me from the trembling and panic attack happening. after he does this for a while, maybe a few minutes, i melt into the hug. only to be discovered that my dad is on his way to work, well, that's what he calls it. i know he just gets drunk and has sex with sex dolls.

i grab the boy and run a bit. we get out of sight when he asks, "what— why? why did you pull me over here?" he's extremely confused.

"that was my dad..." i reply. he gives me a look of worry, confusion, anger, and more.

"why did you run from him? he's probably going to work."
"he's not a nice father and i don't think he's going to work. he's probably getting high and doing drugs and drinking and having sex with sex dolls again." i say this calmly while he just looks at me with disbelief written all over his face.

"well, i'm sorry. i must continue to go to school." i say trying to break the silence. i start heading off, he asks me, "it's only 05:56, why head out so early?"

i have to come up with an excuse on the spot, "i meet up with my friends at 06:45 while we walk to school. i go over to their house and pick them up as we walk."

"oh, have fun." he replies sadly, "wait."
"mhmm?"
"what's your name?"
"mirdoriya izuku, you?"
"todoroki shoto."
"nice to meet you todoroki."
"you too midoriya."

i start walking in the direction of school. i make my way up the fence since the school isn't technically open yet. i hop it and make my way to the bathroom.

luckily when i encountered todoroki it was still dark so he couldn't see any of the cuts, bruises, or scars.

in the bathroom i open the door and lock myself in a stall. i grab my razor from my bag and start on my left arm.