ill protect you, i promise

Izuku POV

"about last night..."

my heart rate increases, he notices. shoto sits me up and starts rubbing circles into my back. he coos nice nothings into my ears.

"w-what ab-out, "i gulp, "it?"
"why...?"
i stay silent. how are you supposed to tell the one person in your life you doesn't treat you like shit all of your problems...
"r-reasons..."
"izuku... please... tell me the truth... what's going on?"
"wh-where should i start, heh...?"
"i don't care where... just tell me what's going on..."
"well... my dad abuses me... he has for the past 10 or so years, my mom died when i was 4 and he started getting drunk and abusive... he would go out for nights on end and just have sex, drink, do drugs, gamble, etc. then, in kindergarten i met kacchan, we were best of friends until he got his quirk. he stated bullying me. because i was quirkless... he stills bullies me... i don't do anything because i care about him to much. he means to much to me, i could never loose him. if it was my life or his, i'd pick mine in an instant... no not just because i tried commiting suicide. then a few years later, i already knew this was a bad idea but i came out to my dad as gay... he got more abusive and..."

i'm crying at this point and i can't help it. i need a break from telling all of this.

"shhhh... take a break... thank you so much for telling me what you could... all i can say is your so brave izuku. you went through all this pain and suffering and you still survived... take a rest. we can talk more after school, okay?"

i nod. how can he be so respective, caring, nice, listening, and more all at once? it makes my heart flutter.

"also izuku..."
"m-mhmm?"
"i will always protect you from now on, okay?"
i nod. how could i have ended up with a friend like this? he's too good (a/n it originally said god 😂) for me. i wish i could have died... i wouldn't have to deal with all this shit. but at the same time, i'm glad i didn't jump, then i would have never gotten to spend this time with shoto.

we both get ready for school, seeing as it's 06:57 and we need to leave by 7:30, but we also have to eat breakfast and stuff.

Shoto POV

i feel a tug on my sleeve and realize it's izuku.
"what's wrong?"
"don't leave me alone with all the thoughts, okay...? please...?"
"izuku... i promised you i would never leave and i would protect you. i will keep that promise, after i die, i'll be your guardian angel. i will always be protecting and watching over you.

i can tell something.

"hey, don't put yourself down okay? i can tell you are..."
"heh, no promises... but i'll try..."
"thank you..."
"no, thank you..."

time skip, 07:12, done getting dressed and stuff, just got to eat breakfast

"so izuku, what do you want for breakfast?"
"i'm not that hungry..."
"well to bad, have a preference?"
"i'm okay... really... thank you though..."
"izuku, if you think i didn't notice how skinny you are, i did. last night, when we were cuddling, you basically told me go spoon you, when i did, you were as light and as skinny as a baby. how much do you weigh?"
he mumbles under his breath. i can't hear it.
"izuku..."
"54 pounds... 25 kilos..."
i stare at him in disbelief.
"izuku..." i run up and hug him. he cries into me.
i decide to break from the hug so i can make breakfast.
"so have a preference? heh..."
"ummm... i'll try eating anything you give me..."
"kay."
"thank you shoto..."
"no need izuku, thank you..."

time skip, 07:19, once breakfast is made

"here." i say giving izuku his plate.

he just stares at it.

he picks up his chopsticks to the rice and fish (a/n i just looked up japanese breakfasts so sorry if it's wrong. oh well) he plays around with his food, he picks up a grain of rice before forcing himself to eat it. he then cut off a small portion of the fish, he ate that bite. the fish made him run into the bathroom, that's what did it.

he runs into the bathroom, he starts throwing up. i run into the bathroom and rub his back and once he's done, he just hugs me. "i can't do this... i can't do this... i can't do this..." he just keeps whispering those words to himself.

i lift up his head, "you can do this... you can do this... you can do this... you ate izuku... i'm proud of you..." i say to him.

he shakes his head, i hug him. "we have to go to school okay?" he nods.

i put the dirty dishes in the bowl for him and i.

we grab our stuff and walk to school.

he doesn't let go of my arm, like if he doesn't i'll leave. he nuzzles into my arm and says, "today will be hell... i already know..."

"what did i say? i'll protect you from hell and keep you in heaven..."

"thank you..."