Chapter 12: I'll never give up

Chapter 12: I’ll never give up

**NATE**

“Dude you need to chill,” Blake said as I paced around the room in panic. I clutched my phone tightly in my hand. I had called everyone I could think of who knew Ally, but each and every one of them had no idea where she was.

The police told me I could only report her as a missing person after 24 hours, but deep down I knew Ally would be dead before that. I had a very bad feeling that she was in danger and I needed to get to her fast.

I suddenly remembered the one person I had not called and mentally slapped myself for not calling her first. I quickly dialled her number with trembling hands. She answered after the third ring.

“Hello dear,” my mother said happily. I don’t know why I hadn’t called her first, maybe it’s because I was still reeling from the call I received from my sister who was hysterical because she had betrayed Ally. I still didn’t understand how Angie betrayed Ally and I didn’t have the time to find out, I had to find my wife.

“Hey mom. Uh…is Ally with you?” I asked nervously. I didn’t want my mother to panic or anything, she had hypertension (High Blood Pressure).

“No sweetheart. Didn’t you say she wouldn’t leave her room?” my mother asked in a casual tone but I could hear the strain in it.

“Nate. Where’s my baby girl?” this time she didn’t bother to hide her panic. I knew that I had to tell her the truth.

“She’s missing. I didn’t see her leave the house. As soon as I found out I tried to call her but it went straight to voice mail. I’ve called everyone I could think of mom. I need to find her” I said in a soft voice. I wasn’t even sure if it was my voice anymore.

“I’m coming over right now” was all I heard. Her voice was trembling as she tried to comfort me and make plans to find my wife. I loved my mom for always being so supportive; I just wished Angelina could have been the same.

“No mom, don’t. I’m going out now, I’m going to look for her. I’ll call you” I spoke hurriedly as I grabbed my car keys and my jacket. I couldn’t just sit and wait, I was going to find her.

I assured my mother that I would be fine and ended the call. I looked up from my phone and saw Blake looking serious. All his cockiness was gone, I could tell that he was genuinely worried.

“I’m going to look for her” I said in a flat tone. He quickly stood up and picked his jacket and keys. “I’m coming with you”

Nothing needed to be said. Blake knew that all I needed at that moment was silence and…my wife. We drove in silence for a while then Blake jumped in his seat wide eyed. He pulled out his phone and scrolled a until he found the number he was looking for.

He tapped his fingers on his seat as he waited for the person to answer their phone. “Grant? Hey man it’s Blake”

I sat there driving around aimlessly and tried to figure out who Grant was. I heard Blake say Allyson’s name and I stopped the car immediately earning a glare for Blake.

“Alright. Thanks man, I owe you one” Blake said with a little smile. I was so curious and on edge that I nearly snatched the phone from his hand but then something caught my attention.

“That’s Ally’s car” I shouted in panic as I watched a dodgy looking man trying to steal her car. I jumped out of the car and ran at him in rage. I tackled him and pinned him to the ground.

“Where is my wife” I sneered and shoved his head roughly. I saw the two police cars that had just arrived and looked at the four uniformed men who came running towards me.

“Nate, I’m Officer Grant smith. Blake briefed me on the disappearance of your wife”. I got up and two officers wrestled the man who had tried to steal Ally’s car.

“I didn’t do anything man. This car has been here for three hours, I was trying to see if there was anyone inside. This is not a good place to leave your car” the man said breathlessly. I stopped listening and felt the beads of sweat forming on my forehead. Three hours. What if I was too late?

Officer Grant asked me some questions I couldn’t remember, but somehow I answered them. Out of nowhere I thought of Bailey’s gas station. There was a convenience store there and Ally would always force me to ‘fill up the car’ just so she could buy the mini chocolate delight doughnuts that were baked in the store.

“Baileys” I said out loud and everyone turned to face me. It was not important right now so I told them anyway. Officer Grant asked me a very important question.

“Who introduced her to that place? “I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of that. I stared back at him in horror and whispered the name of the person I loved so much, “Angelina”

“No! She would never hurt Ally. How dare you man!” Blake stormed towards me shouting at the top of his lungs. “My woman would never do that. She’s your sister man, and you choose a stranger over her? Why am I not surprised. After all, you chose her over me” Blake said in an icy tone as we stood eye to eye glaring at each other.

Blake shoved me out of the way and walked past angrily. I ran my hand through my hair and let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding. Grant cleared his throat and looked at me with sympathy. “We need to check that gas station. She might be there”

I felt hopeless but nodded anyway. It made no sense to me, why would she leave her car and walk almost ten blocks to a gas station. Allyson would never do such a thing.

I drove faster than I should have with two police cars coming behind me, I didn’t really care. With every minute that passed the pain in my chest increased and I felt weak, I promised to protect her and I had failed miserably, more than once.

I parked my car and immediately broke into a dead sprint towards the convenience store at the gas station. I realised that I had left my keys in the ignition but I couldn’t care less.

“Hey Stacey. Have you seen Allyson?” I asked the blond cashier breathlessly. Stacey shook her head and stared at me with a worried look.

“What’s going on?” she asked in her soft voice and gasped when she saw the tear that had rolled down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away and shook my head at the policemen.

I suddenly felt pure anger building up in my chest and I didn’t bother concealing the rage I felt. “I’m going to kill Angie for this” I snarled and ran out leaving the officers stunned. I could hear their footsteps behind me but I was too fast for them.

I was thankful that I had left my keys in the ignition because it was the reason I managed to drive away before the policemen got to my car.

This time they were not accompanying me. This time they were chasing me. I saw more police cars coming from my left and I accelerated more, they could not compete with my Lamborghini, especially without traffic.

I grinned as my destination came into view. I once again forgot my keys in the ignition as I raced for the doors of Angie’s apartment building. Angelina Peters was about to die.

A/N Thanks for reading. Vote? Comment? Eat brownies? Eh! Next chappie!