chapter 6: meet the parents

Chapter 6: meet the parents

To say I was nervous would be an understatement. I was about to meet his parents! I should freak out soon...come on Ali freak out now...ok so maybe I wouldn't freak out.

I was nervous about being around so many rich people, but oddly enough I wasn't nervous about meeting his parents. I think there was a glitch in my brain, I always knew that there was something wrong with me. and nowI'm talking to myself again.

"Actually you did. I'm glad you're not nervous about meeting my parents" Nate suddenly spoke up.

He was leaning against my door frame in a black tux with a blue shirt that matched my dress. Are we matching now? Wow, you'd think we were an actual couple.

"you look beautiful Al" this caused me to blush and I quickly looked away.

Beautiful. I wasn't used to that. I knew I was pretty, but beautiful was an exaggeration. There was nothing beautiful about me. I just couldn't see it. " You are very beautiful. You really need to get your eyes checked" Nate said. Oh crap! I said all that out loud again. I really should stop thinking out loud.

I turned back to the mirror to make sure I looked presentable.

My dress hugged my figure. It was a simple blue dress that stopped mid thigh, but somehow the simplicity if it made me look elegant. I left my hair down, it was naturally curly so I didn't have to do much. I wasn't a make-up type of girl so I just applied a light coat of lip gloss on my lips and a bit of mascara

The drive to his parents house was quiet. I guess we both anxious to know how they would react to me.

As we drove into the estate my jaw dropped. This had to be a castle. It looked ancient but somehow elegant. It was four stories high, with pillars all around. The grass looked manicured. Rose bushes lined the sides of the house giving it a romantic feel. It looked like something from Greek mythology.

I was so shocked that I was literally frozen in me seat. I didn't notice the doors opening and Nate walking around to my side.

"Ally? Ally are you alright?" Nate looked worried as he lightly shook my shoulder.

I turned towards him wide-eyed and shook my head as I whispered "Nate I can't do this" I bit my lip in an attempt to stay calm, " I won't fit in. this is not my world" I continued, looking at my hands in my lap because the look on his face almost broke me.

"Ally don't say that. Please. You deserve so much more than any of this" he said, waving his hand around gesturing to the house and its surroundings.

"you are beautiful. You'll fit in. everyone will love you. Trust me" he finished while taking my hands in his and pulling me out of the car.

I looked at his face for reassurance and saw him smiling brightly at me. I would do this for him, for him. I managed a small smile and that was all he needed. He led me into the house. We were greeted their butler who stood at the door welcoming all the guests.

"Good evening Mr. Peters. Madam" he greeted us. I smiled at him in return and I saw his mouth twitch as though he was about to break out into a full grin but somehow restrained himself.

"Hey Trevor" Nate smiled at him. Trevor, nice name.

"Nathaniel!". I turned towards the direction of the voice. It sounded so familiar.

"Oh Nate, I've missed you so much. Why don't you visit your mother anymore" she asked him with a very hurt look on her face.

Mother, yeah you could definitely see it. Wait. "Mrs Peters?" it couldn't be.