Part III

(A/N: This is an origin story, I probably won't finish it for a long while. So when I get halfway done maybe, I'll continue the 'Dear Luxo' story, which is going to take place in this year. Just thought you should know!)

1991

"Good evening, all." Luxo said as he entered the room. He observed each person carefully, but quickly so they wouldn't notice him staring directly at their faces. But he had to make sure they looked trustworthy enough to work for him—and they had to be, considering the secret projects he would be sharing with them all. Ten men and women in a meeting room, all recent graduates from technological schools.

"Thank you for your patience." He went on, pulling the cap off of a marker. "I've called you all here because I was told you were the best with computer animation. And I believe I have the project just for you."

A few of them nodded, intrigued.

Luxo began to write on the whiteboard behind him, writing in bold letters: Toy Story. "I've been inspired to make a movie that will not only fill the children's imagination, but to teach them the values of loyalty. Credits to my son for the title." He chuckled. "It's a work in progress. It'll take a long time to create, because I was thinking we use a new sort of animation. Not the type that one company uses for their movies..what's it called?"

"Disney, sir?" One asked with his hand raised.

Luxo snapped his fingers and nodded, "Yes. No, we'll be doing something different. We're going to use a semi-realistic 3D animation. It's going to be the first full-length film using CGI."

A few of them widened their eyes, baffled by the idea. A full length 3D movie sounded extremely complex. But Luxo didn't lie—it would take a long time to make.

"But I can't do this without your help." He said, "And as much help as we can get. Anyone you know who's as skilled as you, call them, get them on board. We need a team to make this dream a reality."

Everyone nodded, some of them writing down the information, possibly phone numbers they knew.

"So.." Luxo finished, "Are you in?"

They all smiled, nodding to answer his question. It did sound like hard work, but they could just imagine being the ones to say that they created something so surreal and amazing.

"Great. Any questions?" Luxo asked, writing some information down on the whiteboard. He looked over and picked a random person with their hand raised, "You, yes?"

The lady spoke, "What do you plan on calling this company?"

Luxo simply answered, "Pixar."

"Why Pixar, sir?" Another one asked curiously.

"It means to make pictures. Or so, I've made it up." The lamp hybrid answered, rather proudly. "I was originally leaning toward the name 'Pixer'...but Pixar just sounds better in my opinion."

"We can agree on that." The lady with the question said, everyone chuckling and nodding with her.

Luxo smiled softly, amused by the dynamic already. "So, let's begin with the story, shall we?"