Chapter Ten: That Love/Hate You Feel For Friends...Best Friends :D

The sun shines through the tiny barred window into my eyes. I grab my pillow and sandwich my head between the pillow and the hard bed. Then groan in agony as I can't return to dream world.

"Canton, it's time to get up." Ujik growls, the sun probably shining on him making him mad. Something heavy smacks into my ribcage and I groan in pain. Peeking under the pillow at who did it. Dukem lifting up his pillow and slamming it on my stomach again.

"Why is it so fucking hard?"

"That's what she said." Ujik hisses, I chuckle. Dukem laughs loud.

"I just had to walk into that." I snarl, hitting Dukem in the face with my pillow. He falls over Ujik crawling out from under the bed and glares at me. Ujik groans in agony.

"Get your fat ass off of me. I can't die but your ass is killing me..." Ujik whines. Dukem chuckles and makes himself more comfortable. Ujik groans in pain. The guard shows up.

"Alright guys get.." He stops, looking over Dukem and Ujik. A smile appears on his face. Ujik's hand waves at him.

"Help! Help me!"

"Alright Dukem quit torturing Ujik. Get off of him." The guard says, amused.

"Ooh." A choir of voices cheer. I can't help but burst into laughter.

Behind the guard grey suits go by in between 2 guards for each grey suit. My eyes dart to his eyes. Mulnire smiles at me. I smile back and blow a kiss. Catching myself as he's now out of sight. What just happened? His eyes! Dammit! Son of a...

"Breakfast So Hurry Up!" The guard screams at us. I slide down the side of the bunks and shiver as my feet touch the cold cement. My shoes missing. My eyes dart around the cell searching but coming up with nothing.

Once in the cafeteria, I dart around the room searching for Mulnire. Finding him sitting alone near a window. Ujik said that Mulnire needs to be near the windows because Dragonheart's need to be reminded of the calm skies. I stiffen. Should I go and talk to him?

"Moon Pie!" Ujik's voice squeals, I turn to see a blushing red Suzuki. Islandmin file into the cafeteria. I furrow my brows at them. Why are they here?

"Hey...guys." Suzuki responds, quietly. Embarrassed. Other Islandmin laugh at him and tease him with his nick name.

"Stop it or I'll kill all of you." Ujik threatens, losing his cutesy look immediately. The Islandmin laugh.

"Look Moon pie has protection. What a joke." The leader of the Islandmin group teases. Ujik tenses up. Yep, I'm going to sit near Mulnire.

Siting down beside him quietly. My attention stays on the 4 guards trying to hold Ujik back. I huff, he's a vampire. He knows it all. A hand touches my arm gently. My eyes meet Mulnire's. Then my heart skips a best again. How many times since yesterday? Mulnire smiles. But looks deep in thought. His eyes looking past me at Ujik clawing at the Islandmin. I chuckle.

"They're stupid. Fighting over something like that." Mulnire hisses, his hand tightening on my arm. I look at him. "Don't ever be like that."

"What do you mean? Those are my friends." I defend them, making Mulnire let go of my arm. Getting up and walking away. Feeling Mulnire's glare on my back. Sitting down in our usual spot. Suzuki joins us, happily. Ujik just sits close to him and watches Suzuki take a bite of his food. Licking his lips hungry. Suzuki looks at him. Ujik points to his retracting fangs.

"Go for it, babe." Suzuki says, Ujik grins sinking his fangs into Suzuki's shoulder. I wince. Suzuki just sighs.

"Doesn't that hurt?" I ask, confused.