Chapter 45: The Stand (Part One)

This is it.

This is the battle we've been waiting for.

My heart pounds. Palms get clammy. Nerves kick in.

This is it. It all matters in this battle. I'm nervous. Scared. But Mulnire stands beside me fully suited up in black Dragonheart armour that will also shift when he shifts forms. Having him beside me, staring on ahead at the blackened sky moving closer.

The sky pounds with lightning and rain pours down. Mud hugs onto our shoes. I look down at my white armour. It will be dirtied with blood and mud very soon. I sink my feet deeper into the mud. Touching my stomach. Our baby, Mulnire said. I'm scared. A hand grabs mine. Intertwining our fingers. Mulnire smiles at me.

"Are you ready?" He asks, nodding towards the fast approaching black sky. I tighten my jaw but nod.

"Mulnire...I'm-"

"Brother." A woman's voice hisses. I stare at the sudden black cloaked figure. Mynx glances around. I grit my teeth and step forward towards her. Glaring at her.

"Dear Sister." I growl back. She chuckles. Long rusted chains flowing out from her sleeves. The black hood falling down. Mynx stepping forward suddenly.

"Mother?!" He exclaims, confused.

"My dear little boy." Favera spits out. I grimace, glaring at her.

"You have no right!" I shout, Mynx steps back in line with the rest of the soldiers. My hand falls to my side as Mulnire begins growling at Favera.

"Don't make me laugh. These kids didn't know about the deals I made. Ollovis is stupid. Lithu is mine." Favera states, I grit my teeth. Flicking my hand out. Falling from the sky in a magic cage is Lithu. He stares down at Favera looking ashamed. Favera glares, harshly, "Bastard."

"Ollovis was nothing but a pawn right? I told him everything last night. I told him the truth. Lithu, your beloved, was immediately confined by the Dragonhearts. You can't hit us from behind now."

"Are you so sure, brother?" Favera grumbles out of her red pouty lips. Making me glare at her more.

"If you hadn't noticed, the assassins swore to aid my army." I hiss, angered.

"Hehe, all but the legendary one."

Eyes widen as from her shadow a guy emerges. Dressed in black leather like all assassins but a glowing red flicker in his eyes. And a scarf covers his face, it slowly comes undone revealing the mouth of a snakes and a long black venomous tongue slithering about. Dukem stands beside me.

"Nai!!" He shouts, the other assassins glare at her, "That bitch!!"

"Dukem, save it for the battle." I command, Dukem sheathes his newly fixed sword.

Then his red eyes glare up at Favera. Dukem told me about his dad and his brother. Nai made a pact with the assassins mother in order to hide in the shadows. Meaning Nai has no shadow. Instead he can hide within others shadows. He is an extremely powerful opponent. I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Dukem, you'll keep Nai away from the others during battle. Keep him busy." I whisper to him. He nods, eagerly. Stepping back.

"So you want to fight, dear brother? Let it be." Favera raises her head up and screeches like a crow.

Then I raise my hand up releasing a ball of light. To inform of battle but to let the other Dragonhearts in Verruchi know that it's time. Air soldiers all do the same.

"Roll in!!!!" Zi commands with the Orc's rushing in to attack the Ogres.

Army's clash.

My heart beats funny.

I'm scared....

________________________

I know it's short but read on. It gets better and better.

Sniff, sniff, oh my god my second book is almost over. \(>.<)/

Vote and Comment.