Lucky Number Four

The night Niall was in the hospitial was truly horrific. He was in recovery and rehab for the worst three months of his life. Only Louis, Zayn, and Harry were the only three people who knew. Well everyone knew Niall was sick they just didn't know what he was sick with, everyone just mutally agreed it was cancer and he accepted it.

The strips of white power lay flat on his livingroom table. He was in the eighth grade; his little thirteen year old body was about to expirence the effect of cocaine, but that wouldn't be the first time.

What Louis didn't know is that Harry was Niall's cocaine 'buddy'. Every Sunday after chruch Niall's parents would leave all day, so one day (before Zayn came along) Louis was busy so instead Niall invited Harry over. The first time he had ever done was the fifth day of seventh grade he was twelve.

His small thirteen yearold body leaned over the coffee table a rolled up dollar bill in his hand, plugging his other nostril with his finger inhaling two of the lines.

No one would ever suspect that a short little Irish boy from Mullingar would ever be addicted to cocaine yet he was for two years.

He's been sober for eight months, he goes to group therapy, goes to the doctors once a week, and he was extremely proud of himself. Yet, sometimes, he would find himself wanting to feel that euphoria he felt when he was high, but alas, he hadn't felt that euphoric feeling in months.

"Are you even listening bro! Louis got an epic video game!" Zayn poked Niall's side breaking him from his thoughts.

Louis squinted his eyes, "That you aren't aloud to play, Zaynie-Boy," Louis teased causing a small chuckle to erupt from Niall.

"You're just jealous because I bet you at every game we play," Zayn rolled his eyes picking at what the cafetria lady had given him.

"Wrong." Louis said strenly, "Do you not remember what happened last time we played a game like this?"

Zayn and Louis were going head to head in a mega 1v1. Zayn rounded the corner and boom! He was shot dead. Zayn was killed by Louis ten times! Ten! Louis laughter sent him over the edge and he pushed Louis out of his chair in a jokey way. And then Louis broke his arm.

"I didn't break youre arm!"

"I have the cast to prove it, Zayn!"

Niall rolled his eyes, "We're going to the football game after rehersals right?" Niall asked sticking a chunky bit of mash potatoes in his mouth.

"I think so, Zayn you're coming to rehersals right?"

"Yeah I'm gonna talk to boss man about costumes,"

"Great," Louis clapped his hands together, "We can carpool with you,"

"Louis I can barely drive,"

"You're point is?"

"We aren't getting in the car with Zayn driving, for god sakes Louis!" Niall said folding his arms, "I'll just ask Greg,"

"As if!" Louis exclaimed, "He'd never take you to a football game!"

"He will, he's passed it."

Zayn frowned rubbing his hands together, "No one is over it, Niall,"

"Okay fine," He groaned, "Louis do you think-"

"No my mom already carpooled last time,"

"Wait okay! If Greg knows I'm with you guys he'll be cool with it,"

Niall called Greg putting him on speaker the three boys all leaned in huddled in front of Niall's phone.

"Hello? Niall you good?" Greg asked a mile a minute.

"Dude I'm fine," Greg was heard sighing on the other end. "Do you think you can take me, Lou, and Z to a football game after practice,"

Greg was silent for a second, "Then, I'm responsible for you and what if-"

"Hey! You know Zayn and I will never let anything happen."

"I want to trust you guys I do but-"

"We'll send you very specific pictures on snapchat every thirty minutes," Zayn perked up.

Greg mulled it over, "Fine," He sighed in defeat, "I don't want to be waiting forever to get you boys so when does rehersal end so I can be there I want your asses out there waiting, I have to pick up Theo from daycare, before too,"

"It ends at 6:30, gates for the game open at 6:45," Zayn said.

"How's Theo?"

"His good, but he's been biting everyone- Shit I gotta go guys I'll see you boys at six," With that the called ended.

"That's called teamwork boys!" They all highfived.

Niall and Liam were both called on stage a got through a little bit of the fist act before the teacher shouted 'cut'. "Everyone in the house, take five I have to talk to these boys," he said rubbing his temples, the rest of the kids repeated 'thank you five'.

"Okay," He said rubbing his hands, "You're chemistry is a little better but there's tons of tension here boys, wassup with that?"

"I don't know," Niall said.

"Maybe because you don't know how to trust people," Liam grumbled.

"Hey, okay, wow, we don't point fingers at others," He said looking over at Liam. He thought for a second, "You two are gonna do team builders, you two going to the game tonight?"

"Corse," Both responded at the same time causing an eyeroll from Liam.

"Well, then, Liam you and him are now," He made a pop sound with his mouth, "Glued together for the entirety of the game, that means if Niall's getting up to get food, you're following, Liam eat one too many nachos guess what, you're going with him to the bathroom,"

"But that's not- I have other friends and he isn't one of them,"

"Gee Liam why don't I trust you," Niall snarled.

"Boys, there's an easy fix," He said, "It'll just be the two of you then," Niall's eyes widened.

"No, sorry sir I can't do that."

"You do want this play to be as great as it can be don't you?"

"Yeah of course but-"

"Then you'll do it."

"You don't understand, I need to be with Louis and Zayn."

"And why's that Niall?" Liam crossed his arms raising his eyebrow.

"Yeah why is that, Neil,"

"Uh..." Niall had to be quick on his toes, "It's a health thing,"

"A health thing?" Liam snorted.

"Yeah, but its private, sir you know why," He said. He did know why he was force to drop of the play he was in when he went to the hospitial.

"He knows?! Oh that's just- Wow,"

"Then its you, Zayn, Liam, and Louis,"

"I have to hang out with the him and his gang of dewbs?"

"That is no way to speak about a cast member, Liam,"

"Look, you can bring any friend you want as long as it's not Harry,"

"Well, that's not fair Niall," Liam again agreed with the director of said play, "If you can bring any f-"

"They are my only friends," Niall corrected.

"You boys iron out the details, I want this tension gone by tomorrow during our next rehersals,"

"Fine." The two said in sync.