Lucky Number Three

One ring. Two rings. Three rings and... "Yes, hello?" A deep voice said on the other side of the phone, he sounded slightly out of breath.

    "We should probably work on our chemistry, ya know like he said," Niall said cooly.

    "Oh right! You're Neil right?" He could feel Liam's smirk through the phone.

    "You know my name."

    Liam pretended to think for a second, "Nah, it doesn't seem to ring a bell," Niall rolled his eyes putting the phone away from his mouth and sighing before bringing it back up.

    "It's Niall." He said strenly.

    "Right, right," Both parties went silent before Liam spoke up again, "Well I'm just gonna g-"

    "Liam. It's important to the play that we have chemistry," Niall was not about to let Louis win the bet.

    "Okay, okay," He said with a sigh, "Well how do we build it."

    "There's this... 36 questions that lead to friendship game," It's actually that lead to love but Niall wasn't about to tell Liam-Dickface-Payne that.

    "Okay so what are the rules."

    "We have to answer all of them," Liam groaned.

    "This better not take long I have shit to do tomorrow Neil,"

    "Niall!" The boy angrily corrected before pulling up the questions and putting him on speaker. "Okay, first question, out of anyone in the world who would want over for dinner?"

    "Can they be dead?"

    "Yeah," Niall shrugged before thinking about his answer.

   "I don't know maybe uh..." Liam paused for a second, "Ariana Grande,"

   Niall scrunched his nose up, "Why?"

   "She's hot, but you wouldn't know anything about chicks being hot,"

   "And why do you think that?"

   "You're in the play,"

   "You're logic is flawed because you are too,"

   "Then just because you're you,"

   "Too late!" Niall chuckles, "You're already gay, Payne," Liam groaned on the other side of the phone.

    "Okay who would you want?"

    "Bigfoot," Liam tried stifling a laugh, "I just would invite him to see if he'd show up! Don't laugh at me!"

   "You're so weird Neil,"

   "Dude, my name is Niall!" Liam laughed a little harder before Niall continued speaking, "Question two, would you like to be famous if so why would you become famous and if not why?" Niall read almost for battem.

    "Yes!" Liam said enthusiastically, "Being a famous basketball player,"

    "Maybe and only for something like music, maybe writing music I don't have those details ironed out,"

    "Can you even sing?"

    "Don't doubt my abilities, Louis says I'm good singer,"

    "Then sing," Liam said a smirk radiating through the phone.

    "What? No, no. I- Nooo,"

    "Then read to me what you wrote,"

    "Why would I do that??" Niall said with a scoff.

     "To help our chemistry," Liam chuckled.

     "Fine okay, one song, just one."

     Liam clapped, a bit of a ruckus was on the other side of the phone and then Liam's voice was heard, "Alright Neil, do it."

    "Niall." Niall began taping a beat before he began to sing the begging parts of his only completed song, Since We're Alone.

    After the chorus, Liam clapped and whopped, "I will never doubt you're musical abilities ever again, Neil," Niall this time didn't correct him but just laughed.

   "Next question," He said after an awkward smile. After a bit of laugh filled q and a, they finally landed on question eleven, "Take four minutes to tell your life story," Niall said to Liam.

   "Nah, next question,"

   "You have to answer all the questions, it's the rules, Liam."

   "I said, next question."

    "Why are you being such a dick,"

    "Because I don't want to answer this question, Neil."

   Niall rolled his eyes, "My name is Niall,"

   "I don't care," Liam growled, Niall wasn't giving up. Niall took a big deep breath.

   "I'll do it first then will you do it?"

   "Depends." Liam said, causing Niall to scrunch up his nose in annoyance.

   "Okay, I was born in Mullingar, Ireland on September 13, 2002, making me 15 years old. I have an older brother named Greg... Uh..." Niall paused for a second, "When I was 5, I got a pet chick that died," Liam chuckled at that, "Then... My dad left me, my mom, and Greg," Liam quit chuckling, "Then I started kinder, that's when Lou and I became best friends, then we added Harry into our group and we were best friends until..." He stopped, he wasnt about to tell him everything.

   "Wait Harry S.?"

   "That's the one."

   "He said you guys were a bunch of-" He stopped, chuckled and didn't continue.

   "You're turn."

   "No. You haven't finished."

   Niall groaned, "It was a mess and he stopped being friends with Louis and I and that's when we added Zayn," He shrugged, "And then I was in and out of the hospitial for awhile and now we're here in freshman year,"

   "Why were you in the hospitial?" Liam asked curiously.

   "Uh... That really doesn't matter."

   "It's suppose to be in as much detail as possible."

   "I just got really sick," Niall said, "Drop it."

   "With what?"

   "With stuff."

   "What kind of stuff?"

   "Just... Things."

   "And those things are?"

   "None of your business, Liam," Snapped Niall.

   "Well..." He was silent for a second, "Very well," He sounded hurt, "We should continue this tomorrow I have an early morning,"

    Niall huffed, "Liam,"

    "Neil?"

    "Niall."

    "What is it?"

    "Goodnight... I guess."

    "Night, Neil."

    "My name is-" The sound of him hanging up sounded, "Niall," He said quietly to himself before getting out of bed.

     He went to brush his teeth when he looked at himself in mirror he saw himself starring back at him, he grumbled, "Ugh, I'm going to lose the bet."

    A/N: i changed the year they were born bc its set in 2019 gang gang