26.0

(Violet's Outfit Above)

Violet stands on the Wickery Bridge with Elijah. Elijah has never seen her look so heartbroken and practically dead.

She peers down at the two red roses that she's holding. She looks over at Elijah then at the water.

She drops one of the roses into the river. "Goodbye Kol. You will forever be family and I will always love you like family." She says and watches the rose float away. She kisses the second rose then drops into the river. "Goodbye Jeremy. I love you so much. Your were like my brother and I will never forget you." She promises as the rose disappears to where she cant see it anymore.

Elijah puts his arm around her and leads her to the car. She gets in and stares our the window as they drive for hours.

Once they reach Miami, Elijah brings Violet up to their hotel room. She lays down on the couch as Elijah turns on the tv.

"Elijah?"

"Yes?" He asks and sets the remote down on the coffee table.

"Will you sit with me?" She asks and sits up. He nods and sits down on the couch. She lays down and rests her head on his lap. He runs his fingers through her hair slowly. "I miss Jeremy. I know he almost killed me but I love him."

"I know." Elijah responds and continues to comb his fingers through her long hair.

She sniffles and closes her eyes to stop the tears but she ends up falling asleep. Elijah picks her up and sets her on the hotel room's bed. He lays next to Violet and wraps his arms around her waist and pulls her close to him.

Violet's eyes flutter open and she doesn't move. She glances back at Elijah who is asleep. She just stares at the dresser for hours.

***

"Elijah, did you get the cure?" Violet asks as soon as he answers the phone.

"Yes." Elijah answers.

"So the plan with Katherine worked?" Violet asks and sits down on the sofa. She crosses her legs.

"It worked." He answers, "Are you in Mystic Falls?"

"Unfortunately." Violet responds, "Miami was great that one day we spent there. Thank you for letting me grieve. Anyways, I'll be waiting in my house."

"Alright." Elijah says, "I love you."

"Love you too." Violet says and hangs up the phone. She begins to tap her finger nails on the screen of her phone til she's tired of sitting around.

She gets up from the couch and runs her fingers across the wall as she makes her way up the stairs. She steps on the last step and it makes a creaking noice. Slowly, Violet opens her parents bedroom door. It's the first time she's been in here since she moved in with Jenna. She picks up the picture frame on the bedside table. It's her mother and Jenna sitting under a willow tree.

Carefully Violet slips the photo out of the frame and folds it down the middle. She slips it inside her boot and opens her mothers closet.

Peering down at the floorboards she sees one is out of place and she pulls it up to reveal an old looking box with a piece of paper taped to it.

§

Hello My Daughter,

If you're reading this it means I'm long gone and your gut feeling was to come into the one place I told you not to.

Anyways, inside this box is a Siren's pendant from long ago and it's yours now. Unfortunately the Siren gene didn't get passed to me or your grandmother.

Don't let anyone take that locket from you.

Your special, and be careful my love.

Love,

Your mother, Lyric Williamson

§

Violet runs her fingers across the inked letters and folds the paper then also puts it in her thigh high boots too. She carefully picks up the box and flicks open the lid.

Laying in the box is a locket with a blue gemstone in the center. Beautiful engravings surround the gemstone. She carefully picks it up and runs her fingers across it.

(The Locket Below)

Carefully she clasps the necklace around her neck and looks in the mirror

"I'll take care of it, Mom. I promise." She promises as she stares at herself in the mirror. She sits down on her moms bed with a sigh and pulls the photo from her boot.

Carefully unfolding it, she stares at her mother and her "aunt" Jenna. She closes her eyes before regretting looking at the photo. She quickly slips the picture back into her boot.

She opens her Father's closet to reveal his button ups, and his suits for special occasions. Like his business trips or dates with mom.

She looks at each shirt individually, remembering her father. She didn't exactly look like him but some of their features were the same. Like her hair matched his and so did her smile.

She looked like her mom with the vibrant eyes and the pale skin.

Her eyes scan over the closet, remembering all of her family memories.

***

"Violet." Elijah says and touches the locket that's around her neck.

"Elijah?"

"Where did you get this?" Elijah asks, staring down at the locket with a curious look in his eyes.

"It was my mothers. I found it." Violet answers and sits up.

"We can leave now." Elijah says. He grabs both her hands and pulls her up. She smiles and keeps one of her hands in his.

"Where are we going?" Violet asks.

"New Orleans."