Brothers

SIBERIA'S POV**

"well Siberia, could you please get back onto the table for me?" Donatello asked politely, smiling at me. His eyes didn't break contact with mine, as I used my one good arm to pull myself back onto the table behind me. I let my legs dangle free, acting like I was comfortable, but I knew better than to trust anyone. Unfortunately, the turtle saw right through my disguise.

"You don't trust me at all, do you?" He asked, catching me off guard. I gave him a shifty look, resulting in a look of amusement from Donatello. "You can think what you want of me, to be honest, but I haven't finished my full genetic examination of you." He said smugly. I huffed loudly, watching as Donatello pulled out a swab, and began to walk over to me.

"You want me to open mouth?" I almost sneared laughing at his reaction. Clearly he wasn't comfortable with me making innuendos. I looked up, as he gently placed a hand on my bottom jaw. Innocently, I peered up at him, and he avoided looking into my eyes,

"This will only take a moment." Donatello said slowly, pulling back my upper lip to reveal my jaw full of large pointed teeth. The swab rubbed lightly against my gum, before the turtle stood up abruptly and hurried over to a large machine behind me. Clearly a DNA analysis machine.. but it was made from scrap metal.

"Did you make a DNA sequencer.. From garbage?" I asked, unable to hide the excitement in my voice. The turtle turned, a sort of smile on his smooth face,

"Wh-why yes, yes I did. How did you know what it is?" He asked, equally astounded. I sat forward, inspecting his 'laboratory' from where I was sat.

"I'm smart. But this," I gestured to his machinery. "To create this from the rubbish you have found is truly amazing.." I sighed. Donatello blushed, and rubbed his neck awkwardly,

"You're pre-pretty amazing yourself actually," he stuttered, again avoiding my eyes. "I-I mean, you're the first mammalian mutant I've seen excluding my sensai." He pushed his glasses up his snout. "And you're a wolf! Your senses are naturally 24 times much better than mine so you're definitely at a major advantage when it comes to being genetically mutated into some sort of.."

"Super predator?" I interupted his rant, my voice solemn. If he knew what I was really bred for, he wouldn't have said that with such confidence. He nodded quickly, before rushing over to yet another homemade machine.

My eyes began to wander around the room. I was sat in was a small rectangular room which faced into a large dome like structure, with a balcony running all around the circumference. On the left side of the room was a large staircase, and a lot of circular tunnels ran out from the edge of the dome, obviously running out into other rooms in the establishment.

"So.. You're obviously from Russia. But why are you here? And.." Donatello was interupted by the machine making a noise. "Wait, you were born a human?" He sounded surprised, turning to look at me. I frowned.

"I was human and raised in Russia, yes." My voice changed pitch slightly, as I frowned across at Donatello. "Were you not born human?" I asked. The turtle's reaction was that of shock, as he stared at me with wide eyes.

"Rough childhood?" He remarked, trying to lighten the tense mood I'd just created. I shrugged, as he continued to talk. "And no, I wasn't born a human. I was and always have been a turtle. Me and my brothers are the products of genetically modif-" my mind began to wander. Next thing I knew, Donatello was stood in front of me, frowning sympathetically,

"Ar-are you okay?" He said softly. I looked up from my feet, and I felt myself smiling sort of. I hadn't genuinely smiled in quite some time, and it was a weird feeling.

"Yes, I'm fine, Donatello." I smiled, attempting to get to my feet again, but accidentally caught my wrist in the process. I let out a sharp whine, causing Donatello to instantly support me on my feet, whilst checking my arm.