Chapter 27

"Do you mind getting a room?" Nicholas yelled from the kitchen. Luke chuckled as his best friend scowled at Chace and Alexis, "It's one thing to date my sister outside but in this house...I don't want to see it."

"Nicholas!" Alexis cried, embarrassed.

"What? He's rich. He should be able to take you to some fancy place to paw you. Like a Motel 6."

Chace laughed, "It sounds like someone is jealous."

Nicholas pretended to pout, "Maybe I am."

"Fine," Luke interjected, "I'll hug you." He reached for Nicholas and grabbed him in a bear hug.

Nicholas struggled to free himself as Alexis and Chace laughed.

"I love you, Nicholas," Luke said in a high-pitched voice.

"Dang Luke. You'll never keep a girl if you're this clingy," Nicholas joked as he pushed his friend away.

Luke backed away and said in a monotone voice, "That was cold-hearted Nicholas."

"He's just joking Luke," Alexis said stepping towards them.

"Yeah I'm just joking. We know the reason you and your girlfriend fought was because you probably cheated," Nicholas mumbled.

"Nicholas!" Alexis couldn't believe her brother was playing around when Luke was probably feeling hurt right now.

"What, Alexis? Some women just don't understand that you have to hate the other woman not the game."

"You did not just say that," Alexis asked her brother. She looked up to the ceiling, "Please tell me my brother did not just say that."

"He said it," Chace laughed.

Nicholas winked at her and Luke actually started laughing, "I did not cheat on my girlfriend. We just realized we weren't mean to be."

Nicholas nodded, "Like peanut butter in a tuna fish sandwich. Some things just don't belong together."

"I'm sorry Luke," Alexis said. "There are worse things that could be happening."

Luke knew her friend had just passed away and he sighed, "I'm sorry. I know you've been through a lot Alexis. You shouldn't have to put up with me staying in the house too."

"No, it's fine. The more people in the house, the faster I'll feel better. I love having all the extra noise around," Alexis smiled.

"Well I just stopped by to see if you wanted to have dinner but maybe it's not such a good idea. You look tired," Chace whispered to her.

Alexis looked at Chace and smiled, "Thanks. If you want, we can order in some Chinese."

"Did you say Chinese?" Nicholas bellowed from the kitchen.

"Do you mind not eavesdropping like an obnoxious brother?" Alexis shouted back.

"Sorry, but I'm hungry," Nicholas turned to Luke, "C'mon man they want to be alone. I'll show you the guest room."

Alexis and Chace watched them leave, "Be honest. You're tired."

"Is that a question or a statement?" Alexis asked.

"Whichever," Chace said, pulling her into his embrace. Alexis wasn't sure how she felt about this but she did need some physical comfort. After finding about Ivy, arguing with Gabby, being suspended from work, and hearing about Nicholas' past, she needed some comfort.

"Alexis?"

"Yes?"

"I know things are really chaotic and you probably aren't in any condition to start a relationship with me right now but I want you to know something."