Chapter 4

"Are you okay Alexis? You've been acting weird since we left off that Chace guy." Nicholas was pulling a water bottle from the refrigerator.

Alexis was sitting at the kitchen table, "He's Dr. Ryder and I'm fine Nicholas. I'm just tired...that's all."

Nicholas nodded, "Are you freaked out about that note? I'm telling you it probably wasn't for you. Some drunk person more than likely thought it was for one of those strippers."

Alexis smiled, "Do my eyes and ears deceive me? Is my brother worried? I do believe he is. Awww thank you, baby brother."

Nicholas flicked her off, making her laugh.

"Seriously, are you okay?" he asked, uncapping the bottle of water and taking a drink. He offered Alexis some and she shook her head.

"Yes. I'm fine. It was just weird...that's all."

"I'm sure it's nothing to worry over. If it turns out someone is leaving you creepy notes, just let me know. I'll crane-kick them to hell." He noticed Alexis didn't laugh like she normally did when he made a Karate Kid reference, "You going to sleep okay?"

"My Tylenol PMs will ensure it."

"That's my sister...the pill popper," Nicholas smiled and ruffled her hair as he walked past her to go to his bedroom and call it a night.

Alexis checked the doors to make sure they were locked and then turned off the lights. It was a nightly ritual for her. Check the locks on the doors and windows and then turn off the lights. Then she could sleep in peace.

She walked to her bedroom and flipped on her laptop. She needed to check her e-mails for her advice column that she wrote for the local newspaper. She had clicked opened her e-mail account and smiled. She had over a hundred messages. It felt good to be popular. She clicked open the first message.

"Dear Alexis, My boyfriend thinks it's okay to keep talking to his ex on Facebook. She's always interfering in our relationship because she knows what's going on with his life. Should I ask him to delete her as a friend or should I just delete him as a boyfriend? –Fed up with Facebook"

Alexis chuckled, "What's up with relationships having problems with Facebook these days?"

She typed her response.

"Dear Fed up, Your insecurities about your boyfriend speaking with his ex should be discussed with him. Everyone has baggage but if he's unwilling to let go of his, you may have a problem. Evaluate your relationship after you speak with him about how you feel. If you're contemplating ending the relationship, it sounds like you may already have your answer. Follow your gut not your heart. –Alexis"

Alexis clicked on the next question.

"Dear Alexis, I've been dating "Jack" for three months now and he said it's way past time for me to have sex with him. I'm still not ready but if I don't sleep with him I'm afraid he'll break up with me. What should I do? –Scared of Sex"

"Dear Scared, I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess that you're still a teenager. Even if you aren't the advice is still the same. Your body is YOUR BODY! No one should make you do anything you don't want to do. If "Tom" is pressuring you to have sex and you don't want to, he needs to respect that. If you don't feel ready, there's a reason for it. It's because...you're NOT ready! If Tom dumps you, then let him go. I'm not saying it will be easy...it may be very hard but so is living with the regret that you gave yourself to the wrong person. If you are a teenager, I would also suggest talking to an adult you're close to like a parent or visiting a free Health Clinic because I as I hope you know, having intercourse leads to having babies."