Chapter 4 - The Way You Look Tonight

I hummed some unidentifical swing melody and was smiling all around my face.

"Did you enjoy filming?" Asked Greg who was sitting in front of me in a small airplane.

"Yes ofcourse." I smiled.

I put my head on little window.

"How long is it to LA?" I asked with smile on my face.

"Oh, not long. We're almost there. Somethimg around 10 minutes." He said and smiled.

"Thank you." I said happily and looked out of window.

Shooting in Bordeaux was a great opportunity for me as an actress. I had a lot of new experiences but I never felt more happy as when the plane weels touched the ground.

"Oh my, look at all those photographers." Greg sighed and put his sunglasses on. "Again."

I smiled and I understood Greg fed up face but I felt happy anyway. I will be in a newspaper walking out of the plane surrounded by famous and amazing people. That's something!

When the airplane finally stopped I took my baggage and followed Greg out. I hadn't dream of me as a big movie star. But when I got out of that plane that fall 1957, I felt my life changed forever. I smiled and wawed to the press agents. Everywhere were lights of flashes from cameras. Director said that we can't say any information about the movie so we went with fast walk to the taxi.

"What is this?" I sighed and laught from happiness as I put my had on the back of the seat.

"That's fame. Welcome to Hollywood." Said Greg and laught.

"Thank you for everything. It was wonderful." I said and smiled at Greg.

"It was such a pleasure to work with this beautiful, talented young lady." He said and kissed my hand.

We were talking all way back to Hollywood and were laughing on all the bloopers which happend during the shooting. Actually I told the driver to dropp me out near the mechanic's because my car was finished. Finally.

"Thanks again, see you on Monday!" I cried and got out of taxi.

No reporters outside, gladly. I picked up my small car and went home.

'K, I have a lot of time to prepare for the evening.' It was 12:30 so I bought a sandwich for lunch and put my stuff out of the bag. Marilyn called me day before that I can go to her house and we can talk and prepare for the night together. I packed my stuff for the evening and ran out of the house.

"Chrissy, darling!" Marilyn cried as she saw me in front of her door.

"Marilyn!" I hugged her and got to the house.

We talked for a long time and enjoyed every minute being together again. Then we started preparing for the evening. I was wearing no-sleeves light yellow dress, well it was more like a cream. I had my hair curled and I let them naturally falling on my arms.

"Girl! You look so gorgeous!" Marilyn cried as I went out of the bathroom where I was putting a bit make-up on.

"Me? Look at you!" I cried and we both laughed.

"Well, I hope it will be a fine night." I said quietly when we were both checking our final looks in the mirror.

"Course it will. Don't worry honey." She said and we smiled at each other.

                             ***

And it was there again. Getting out of the car, walking into the building. So many famous people all around. Familiar faces. And then me. It was funny. Everybody smiled at me as I was some very old friend. Everybody was sayin' hello and giving me compliments.