𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒆; 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒔.

𝒗𝒆𝒓ó𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒂'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗.

"What? Corbyn, that's ridiculous. Of course, I love you. Otherwise, we wouldn't be dating." I said. Corbyn paused to bite his lip.

"So, your telling me, you haven't had a single thought of breaking up with me?" Corbyn asked. I froze and bit my lip. When I didn't say anything, Corbyn huffed and shook his head. "Unbelievable." 

"No, Corbyn, please, let me explain." I grabbed his shoulder again as he turned to go. And Corbyn, being the sweet person he was, stopped again. It made it harder. "Yeah, I did have my doubts, Corbyn. You can't deny that this isn't a little hard."

"Yes, I can." Corbyn's eyebrows furrowed together. I was desperate at this point, searching for any excuse. 

"What about next week? You said we would barely get to communicate!" I argued.

"I thought you knew what you were signing up for!" Corbyn shouted, throwing his arms up and tears rimming his eyes.

"I didn't realise it was gonna be this difficult!" I shouted back, tears running down my cheeks as I pointed at myself. Corbyn put his hands behind his head and walked a few steps away, before sitting on the wall on the right and burying his head in his hands.

It was only as I started to edge closer did I realise, he was sobbing, crying his eyes out. I didn't know what to do. 

After a while, he got up, his face red and his eyes puffy and bloodshot, before taking one, long, hard look at me. 

"I think it's best I leave." Corbyn muttered, "And never come back." He turned to leave and I watched him go. It was only a few minutes after he turned the corner, did I realise I had just made the worst decision of my life.

He had got on a plane and flew all the way out here. When he was going on tour the next week. He came to see me because he knew I wasn't handling it well. And I had stomped on his feelings with the heel of my shoe and rubbed them into the dirt.

Tears filled my eyes again and I watched the space silently where Corbyn had stood minutes ago. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I knew it was Mateo.

"Ronnie, are you-,"

"Don't touch me," I mumbled, shrugging his hand off. Mateo flinched and backed off. I sighed. "I need to be alone right now." I started to walk away.

"Buena noche hermosa," Mateo called after me. I stopped in my tracks. How did he even have the nerve to say that when I had just gone through that with Corbyn? I took a deep breath, convincing myself not to retaliate, before nodding to myself and walking off.

"Tuviste un buen día hoy?" Abuela asked when I got in the door.

"No." I said, blatantly. "Fue horrible y estoy cansado."

"What?" Abuela turned away from the stove to face me.

"Corbyn came from LA." I said, "He saw me with Mateo."

"Maybe this is destiny." Abuela shrugged, gesturing to me. "You are meant to be with Mateo. Or at least, someone like him." By 'someone like him', I figured, she meant Latino. 

 I took a deep breath, which seemed to be my hundredth one of the day, before replying with:

"No." I shook my head, "No, I'm not meant to be with Mateo or anyone like him. Because..." I paused, "Because I love Corbyn."

"Qué?" Abuela dropped the wooden spoon she was using to stir the pot on the stove and turned to me again with her eyebrows raised.

"I love Corbyn." I repeated, "Or as you would like you to hear it, amo a Corbyn." Abuela seemed surprised at my attitude. I turned to walk upstairs without Abuela calling out a single word to stop me. 

I rummaged through my suitcase, trying to find Corbyn's sweatshirt so I could lock it in the wardrobe, as well as his hoodie until I was ready to get rid of them. Maybe he wasn't for me. Maybe true love doesn't last forever. Maybe-

A hand covered my mouth and tears filled my eyes. I removed the hand slowly from my mouth as I extracted the dress that me and Corbyn had our eye on before I had to go to the hospital to see Bea.

He went back and bought it. And he had put it in my suitcase. He knew how much I loved it, and he went back. I looked down at the ring on my finger. It was all hitting me like a brick.

I snatched my phone from my bedside table, clicked on Corbyn's contact and put it to my ear. I paced my room and luckily, and surprisingly, he picked up after the third ring.

"Corbyn. Corbyn, I just found the dress, I-,"

"Great. Now you can wear it for that Spanish boy. I'm sure he'll love you in it. You'll look beautiful, as you always do." Corbyn muttered. I blushed.

"Corbyn, I love you," I rushed to say. There was silence at the other end of the line.

"Ronnie." Corbyn sighed, finally. "You're saying this because you feel forced." His voice wobbled.

"No, I'm not." I denied, "I'm not letting you go without a fight."

"If you love me, then why were you out with that boy?" Corbyn asked. 

"He was just showing me around, and I had doubts at that point. And then you flew here and I found the dress and..." I trailed off as my eyes filled with tears. "Corbyn, please, you need to understand."

"If you couldn't handle long-distance this morning, how do you expect to handle it now?" Corbyn asked. I bit my lip, it was a good question. I didn't have a good answer. Corbyn sensed that. "I love you, Ronnie, so much." There was a pause, "And maybe you do love me back-,"

"I do." I interrupted. Corbyn sighed.

"But you're there and I'm-," He started to cry, "I know, I'm about to break your heart. And I know I'm breaking mine but..." He took a long, shaky breath. "We can't do this. I'm sorry."

"What? No. Corbyn-," The line cut dead. 

gonna repeat this again:

i get so many comments like "why do they speak Spanish when they're in brazil?" and that's totally fine, i understand that many of you argue that in brazil they do in fact speak Portuguese. but, veronica, her family and mateo and his family and originally from Cuba, where the official language is Spanish, which is why they speak Spanish.thank you and goodbye, i have done my research.

𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆.
𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝑸𝑼𝑬𝑬𝑵, 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒐 @𝒙𝒇𝒇𝒔𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆𝒙𝒙 !! <3

"𝑴𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒂𝒕 𝒂 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑯𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒔
𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒚 𝒗𝒊𝒃𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅, "𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍" (𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍)"