7

"Okay where the hell is he," I say looking down at my phone, which reads 2:03 PM.

"Chill out Cece, he's probably going through customs or something," Mitch says with a giggle.

"Mitchell," I raise an eyebrow at him, "Let's be real, this is Canada," I say.

"Okay, yeah, that's fair," Mitch replies with a chuckle.

I'm answering Snapchats on my phone when I feel Mitch nudge me from behind. I turn around and give him an annoyed look. However, when I turn around, I see him nod towards the far end of the hallway. I look the way he motioned and see Mat walking towards us. I quickly drop into a brisk walk towards my brother which turns into a light jog in no time. He too jogs and meets me half way. When I finally meet my brother, the gap between us is closed in no time, as I'm engulfed in a giant bear hug. Due to Mat's sheer size over me, I'm picked up off the ground and spun around a few times. He puts me back down and holds on for a few more seconds. When we finally pull back from eachother, I just look at him and smile.

"I missed you kiddo," Mat says, ruffling my hair.

"You have no idea," I giggle back to my barely older brother.

"Oh, uh I think someone else is gonna be really excited to see you," I say with a smirk, nodding towards Mitch.

"Oh my god! What's good bro!" Mat laughs, pulling Mitch into a big bro hug.

"I missed you man," Mitch laughs, hugging him back.

Soon their "moment" is over, and we're on our way. We collect Mat's many things from baggage claim, and there is no doubt that we're related. I guess overpacking must be a genetic thing because it definitely runs in our family. The three of us exit the airport and walk over to Mitch's corvette, packing our bodies and Mat's things in.

The ride back to my apartment is filled with laughs and throwbacks. We talk about World Juniors and all the good times that were had there, then we tell Mitch stories of our childhood.

By the time we get to my apartment, it was already almost 6. We spent the afternoon driving around Toronto, doing all sorts of touristy things since Mat and I are new here. But once we get home, Mitchell has the genius idea to go to a party with a bunch of guys from the team, and Mat thinks it's a good idea. However, Mitch decides to tell us that it's a COSTUME party after we agree to go, so we're left scrambling for last minute costumes. Mitch runs to his apartment to get costumes for him and Mat, while Mat and I scour through my closet to put together something decent.

"It's hopeless, I have no clothes," I sigh, flopping backwards onto my bed.

"Okay shut the hell up," Mat laughs from inside my jam packed closet.

"It's true!" I shout back, posting a photo that Mitch took of us back at the airport.

trust||tmlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara