5

Liked by: barzal97, marner_93, tatianawest, and 253,194 more

ceceliabarzal: scarves in the summertime? #torontothings
marner93: cold eh? ;)
ceceliabarzal: marner93 shut uppp lmao
auston_matthews: ur literally insane it's so hot
barzal97: fake canadian
ceceliabarzal: auston_matthews leave me alone
ceceliabarzal: barzal97 i'm sorry, which of us is in canada right now?

----

Thankfully, practice was pretty uneventful, there were no injuries, which means no paperwork. It's a good day in the office when there's no paperwork to do. Im sitting in my office looking through an equipment catalog when I hear footsteps approaching. I look up at my doorway to see the one and only, boy in 16.

"Cecelia," he says bluntly.

"Mitchell," I reply with the same tone.

"We're having a party tonight. Bring a friend. Preferably a hot one," he says, a smirk spreading across his face.

"Maybe," I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"C'mon please," he begs, pouting while showing me his best puppy dog eyes.

"I said maybe," I laugh.

"It starts at 8! Look hot, babygirl!" He shouts, pointing at me while walking out of my office.

I laugh at his exit, and pack up my things. I head home and decide to text the only friend that I have here in Toronto. Eliza and I went to high school together, and we were inseparable. Then when it came time to go off to college, I left for New York and she went off to the University of Toronto. We haven't seen each other since, and I've been meaning to catch up with her.

Cecelia:
hey girl:) guess who's
in toronto!

Eliza:
NO WAY UR HERE!

Cecelia:
yes ma'am lol

Eliza:
oh my god yay! txt me
ur addy i'm coming over!

Cecelia:
okay look cute tho! we're
going to a party with cute
hockey boys tonight;)

Eliza:
ugh yes those are the
best kind of boys

----

I answer the knock on my door and am immediately engulfed in the arms of the tall blonde beauty.

"Oh my god! I've missed you Cece!" Eliza squeals, stepping back from the hug and looking at me.

"I've missed you too, El! It's been way too long!" I say, commenting on the almost two year timespan since we've seen each other.