3

"Celia, this view! You can see Auston and I's apartment from here! That's my bedroom window!" He squeals pointing to a window on the top floor of a building a few blocks away.

I laugh at him and say, "Okay, weird. And you're one to talk about penthouse living, you're on the top floor of a much taller building, so you hush," I say making fun of him.

He frowns and sits on the couch. I sit on the kitchen counter top and study him. I can't quite figure out his hair color, it's somewhere between a dirty blond and a light brown, I don't know what it is, but I like it. As for the hair style, it's messy and goes up, but he can pull it off. He has a very prominent facial structure, and a smile that could make me melt. All of a sudden, he looks up at me from his phone with an extremely surprised expression.

"What?" I ask him.

"Shut the fuck up! You're Mat Barzal's sister!?" He says excitedly.

I nod laughing. "How'd you know?" I laugh some more.

He tosses me his phone which is open to his messages with Auston:

Auston:
hey marns, make sure
you get cecelia home safe

Mitch:
Yea we're here. Why? What's up?
Everything okay?

Auston:
yeah i just don't want
anything happening to her

Auston:
and, if you did let something
happen to her, you'd have a
lot of realllyyy pissed off new
yorkers after you

Mitch:
Wait what? Why? I'm confused

Auston:
bro the islanders fans
are so fuckin loyal,
even for barzy's sister
im sure they'd still come
after you

Mitch:
barzys sister?

Auston:
mitchy cmon, connect
the dots, cecelia and mat
are siblings

Mitch:
NO WAY! I FUCKIN LOVE
THAT KID! I TOTALLY SEE
IT NOW OMG

Auston:
aw buddy it's a good thing
that you're cute, because
you're not the brightest lol

----

"Do you have a man crush on my brother?" I ask laughing, and toss his phone back to him.

"Oh, absolutely, I am so in love with him Cecelia, you don't even know, he is SUCH a babe," He says, and I can't tell if he's serious.

"How do you even know him?" I question.

"We played on team Canada together at World Juniors in 2016," He explains.

"Mitch," I say.

"What?"

"I was there," I say.

"NO WAY!" He shouts, getting up, and excitedly jumping around my apartment.

"Cece, were practically best friends already!" He says, dancing.

I just laugh as I watch him dance around like an idiot.

"Okay, can you start to figure out how to dress me now?" I laugh.