8. The Battle of Starcourt

Y/N's POV

Eleven wailed in pain, as we crowded around her.

"What is that?" Erica asked, as we all looked at El's leg.

"There's something in there." Mike pointed out.

"Jesus Christ." Dustin mumbled as something moved around her leg.

"Keep her talking. Keep her awake, okay?" Jonathan instructed before getting up and running away.

"Stay awake, stay awake." Mike told El. "Let's get her on this side." Steve, Dustin and Mike turned moved Eleven over, sitting her up. I moved next to her and grabbed her hand, trying to sooth her.

"It's, uh-. You know, it's not actually that bad." Robin stammered. "There was a goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg, and the bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane."

"Robin." Steve stopped her.

"Yeah?" Robin looked back at him.

"You're not helping."  He stated.

"I'm sorry." Robin apologized as Jonathan came running back.

"All right, El? This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?"

"Okay." She whispered, nodding her head.

"Need you to stay real still. Here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?" He said, handing Mike a wooden spoon, giving it to El to bite down on. He pulled out a knife and put it to El's leg.

"Do it." Mike sighed, before Jonathan began to cut El's leg. (bear with me, it's about to get nasty.) Blood and puss poured out. I groaned in disgust, while El sobbed in pain. Jonathan dropped the knife, before putting his hand inside El's leg, making her scream in pain. He moved his fingers around, trying to grab what was in her leg, making the majority of us gag and look away.

"No! Stop it!" El screeched, throwing the spoon away, making Jonathan stop. "I can do it." She whimpered. We helped her sit up as Jonathan backed away. She began to use her powers to get it out, wailing in the process. Her screams made the glass from the shop next to us shatter, making us duck. She pulled the thing that was in her out and threw it in front of us.  It got up and began to crawl away, only to be stopped (well more like squished) by a boot belonging to Hopper.

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world." Mike explained as we stood around the fountain.

"And it almost did." Nancy added. "That was just one tiny piece of it."

"How big is this thing?" Hopper asked.

"It's big. Thirty feet, at least." Jonathan responded.

"Yeah. It sorta destroyed your cabin. Sorry." Lucas apologized, obviously a little scared.

"Okay, so, just to be clear, this this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic weapon?" Steve questioned.

"Yes." Nancy replied.

"But instead of, like, screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapon with melted people." Steve continued.

"Yes, exactly." Nancy nodded.

"Yeah, okay. I'm just making sure." Steve finished, obviously still confused. Which most of us were. It's not everyday that a flesh monster attack's your hometown.

"Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" Joyce asked, finishing Eleven's bandage.

"El beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, it's still alive. But if we close the gate again-."