3. The Case of the Missing Life Guard

Max's POV

"Oh, you found Ralph Macchio." I noticed El looking at a magazine.

"Macchio?" She asked.

"Yeah, he's the Karate Kid." I approached her.

" Hai-yah!" I karate chopped the air. "He's hot, right?" I asked her.

"Hey, uh is Mike a good kisser?" I asked El as she flipped through another magazine that i brought.

"I don't know. He's my first boyfriend." She responded

"Ex-boyfriend." I corrected her as I turned on her radio.

"Hey, don't worry about it." I told her as I noticed her looking down. "Okay? He'll come crawling back to you in no time, begging for forgiveness."

"I guarantee you, he's, like, totally wallowing in self-pity and misery right now." I chuckled. "He's  like, "Oh, I hope tshe takes me,back. "God, what I wouldn't give to see his stupid face."

I sat down next to Eleven. "What is it?" I asked her. She looked at us and grinned.

"Is this really gonna work?"

"Holy shit, this is insane." I asked her as she tied a blindfold around her eyes.

"Max!" El shushed me.

"Yeah, quiet. Sorry." I whispered.

"I see them." El spoke after a while. I rushed to the floor and sat next to her.

"What are they doing?" I asked her.

"Eating." She responded

"They say we are 'species'." She to.d us.

"What?" I asked her, furrowing her eyebrows.

""Emotion, not logic"" She repeated what she heard.

"What?" I asked again.

"What happened?" I asked her as she ripped of the blindfold

"What,What?" I asked before Eleven burst out laughing. I joined in on her laughter as she fell to the floor.

"Hey! Hey! When I say three inches, three!" Hopper stopped himself after almost breaking down the door.

"Do you knock? Jeez!" I shouted.

"Yeah! Jeez!" Eleven repeated after me.

"Oh, hey. I'm sorry." He slurred, "I thought that, uh-."

"Mike's not here." I interrupted him, shutting my magazine.

"Max wanted to have a sleepover. Is that okay?" Eleven asked her Dad. ( o~o it feels weird to type that)

"Yeah. Yeah." Hopper repeated. "Your parents know about it?" He asked me.

"Yup." I nodded.

"Uh, yeah, it's cool. That's really cool." He stood in the doorway.

"Did you need something?" I asked him

"No, no. Uh, I'll leave. I'll just let you, I'll leave you." He stammered and walked away, after closeting the door.

"Holy shit, I can't believe we're really doing this." I wrote down the last name on our little game.

"Ready?" I asked her.

"Ready." She answered, spinning the empty Coke bottle. We watched it spin and stop at a name.