Chapter 16: Confusion

"That was a close call" I said to myself as I changed in the bathroom. Surprisingly the clothes he threw at me, they fit me perfectly. He gave me a tribal crop sweater and a pair of light blue jeans, simple yet beautiful.

"Must be his sister's" I said to myself while adjusting the clothes. I went out of the bathroom and sauntered to Skander's room but I stopped halfway when I heard a voice shouting at him.

"You gave her my clothes without asking me oh my god, how could you? At least have the decency to ask right?" a female voice shouted. She must be his sister. I took a peek from my hiding spot and saw a blonde beauty that looked just like the photo. Wow they looked so different. People who didn't know about their relation might have thought that they were a couple instead of siblings.

"Oh, so you guys had a moment but yet she doesn't remember anything? Sometimes I wished that girl was smarter" Damn you brain. I didn't hear the conversion because of you. I took the initiative to go forward and introduce myself to the blonde vampire.

"Umm hi I'm Isabella, sorry I had to wear your clothes, mine were drenched thoroughly by the rain just now." I held my hand out and she gladly shook it before pulling me into a friendly hug.

"Hey Belle, it's been awhile since we met huh?" She beamed while hugging me tightly. "I've missed you a lot my partner in crime." She released and was looking at my face reminiscently.

"Sorry but I don't think we've met before" I replied to her. Her smiling face instantly changed to a depressing look that looked like she lost her best friend.

"That's okay, I'm Joey Sterling, nice to meet you" she said while shaking my hand.

"Has she met mom yet?" Joey asked her brother who was standing at door and thankfully with his shirt on now.

"Nope, but you could bring her to see Mom. I don't think she would mind" Skander said before going back to his room.

"Great! Let's go, she would be happy to meet you. I think she should be in the living room." Joey squealed before dragging me to meet Mrs. Sterling.

Indeed she was in the living room, and she was writing things on the little notebook in her hands. "Mom, I like you to meet Skander's friend" Joey said.

"Joey can't you see that I'm thinking of what to cook later" the middle-aged woman replied before a red autumn hair turned into a face with hazel brown eyes.

She looked positively stunned. I wondered if I was that ugly, or was it because she recognized that I wore her daughter's clothes. She walked over to me somewhat slowly, as if trying to digest everything that is in front of her. She was standing in front of me with her hazel eyes boring into mine. She engulfed me in a heart-warming hug.

"I thought I'll never be able to see you again Isabella" She sobbed. Before pulling away and getting a good look of my face just like her daughter. I had no idea how both her and Joey could possibly know my name before me even saying it. Maybe Skander told them? And what's with all the missing me and stuff? I have never met them before in my life. I think I would've remembered.

But looking into Mrs. Skander's eyes which was now brimmed with tears. Meeting me was like meeting her long lost daughter, which was pretty scary to me. "Umm, Mrs Sterling how did you know my name?" I blurted out. Guess I was really curious about it.

"Umm…Mum you have never met her before" Joey said before pulling me to her side, smiling at her Mum like she was hinting something.

"Oh dear me, I'm sorry I must have mistook you for someone else." She started laughing and then wiped her tears away. 'She doesn't remember', was what I could read from her mind. She took my hand and said "Please call me Rosebeth and not Mrs. Sterling, that's my mother-in-law" She smiled wearily.

“Join us for dinner today, I insist. Don't even think about rejecting me. Go and meet my husband who should be in his office and bring Skander with you dear." she ordered so dearly before leaving for the kitchen.

"I'll see you later then" Joey added before disappearing into the kitchen with her mother.

I zoomed upstairs to Skander's room to see him already standing at the door. "Heard what my mum said, let's go” He ushered me upstairs and we were walking to this dad's office.

"So I hope that wasn't awkward or anything." He said sheepishly while scratching the back of his head. That was kind of cute. Oh my god. Stop it Isabella, stop it. Take deep breathes, breathe in and breathe out.

"Oh so we're doing breathing exercises now?" he smirked and ruffled my hair. Oh no he didn't.

I quickly rearranged my hair and said in my strict voice. "Don't ruffle my hair, better yet don't touch it."

"Whatever you say princess." was what I heard before he messed my hair again. This time is was even worse.

"Oh you are so getting it Skander Sterling!" I shouted before chasing him down the corridor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N 's Note

Hey guys it's been a long time since I uploaded so I decided to upload a chapter since my exams are over. This was the first time I typed out the whole thing without a single reference to my paper, since I lost the file. I hoped you guys liked it. So vote, comment and fan me.

2 Votes and 1 Comment before I upload the next one:)