Chapter 5: Invitation

"What are you doing here?" I asked trying my best not to sound surprised, but to no avail. I had no idea why I felt as if I was burning up with a fever all of a sudden but I tried to appear as relaxed and cool as I could.

Apparently it didn't work though because a smirk appeared on Avan's face.

He stood up slowly and said, "I wanted to ask you if you're free tonight?"

I genuinely didn't hear him the first time he spoke because I was so damn busy looking at that smile of his....so hot…sexy as hell. I looked up into Avan's eyes when he cleared his throat and brought my attention back to what he was saying.

"I'm sorry, you were saying?" I asked, embarrassed. And that’s when I noticed Avan hesitate a little before he talked again. He was nervous? He ruffled his dark hair. I wished those fingers were mine instead.

"I was asking you if you were free tonight," he said, in a quiet sort of voice and I was surprised at his behavior because he was so loud usually and so confident.

He looked a little innocent for the first time, his hands were tugged in his pockets. And well, knowing him for so long I knew it was habit for him when he's nervous.

"Sure, why?" I shrugged. I figured that since I wasn't going to the Homecoming Dance tonight, hanging out with my crush slash best friend would be kind of nice. Plus we might be able to bond over this, have a good talk and maybe cuddle. A girl can dream right?

"Do you want help with your homework today? Or is it movie night?" I asked flipping through the few possible scenarios that could happen.

"Actually, I was wondering if you were up for something different," he shrugged speaking in a shy and sort of sheepish manner.

"Something like the Homecoming Dance." He stated biting his lower lip another sign of nervousness.

"Wha…..what..did..you just say?" I managed to stutter out. My mind couldn't process what he just said. He could ask any girl in the entire school and he chose me. He just asked me to the Homecoming Dance.

I would have been happy with him hanging at my house and watching movies and doing homework with me. But the Homecoming Dance? Seriously? He just freaking asked me to Homecoming Dance tonight. I’m dreaming right?

"Umm... I said, will you be my date tonight for the Homecoming Dance?" he said in a very shockingly sincere manner. For the first time I noticed the insecurity and vulnerability clearly written in his misty blue eyes. Which were normally clear blue.

I was really dumbfounded and I started biting my bottom lip and twirling my hair with my finger. Now I was nervous. What should I do? Say Yes? Say No?

Of course you should say Yes you have had a crush on him for years.

You should say no you have no idea what's going to happen, don't embarrass yourself Bella.

While my heart was battling with my brain I think he was getting more nervous somehow because of how silent I was.

I stood rooted to the ground, shock was still clearly written all over my face. Sensing the awkward tension in the air, he cleared his throat and passed me a baseball before saying.

"So, I'm taking it that silence means consent then? I'll pick you up after the baseball game then, see you later Bella" A perfect ten smile actually came across his face for once it was usually a smirk or a half smile. I couldn't reject him like that after seeing his rare smile.

Let's hope everything goes smoothly in my life for once.

I quickly opened my locker door, accidentally almost ripped it out and threw my books inside before locking it close again.

I walked out to the school's lawn and saw three of them waiting for me by the tree.
"What happened? What did he say?" Audrey asked.

I took out the ball Avan gave me, read it and passed it to my friends. They all read it and gasped while hugging me tightly and clutched on to my arms as they freak out about the Homecoming Dance tonight.

Well looks like I'm going to the dance after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I'll leave you with that and I'm sorry I didn't posted for a long time but I'll post soon cuz my exams are finally over!

And anyways if you vote, comment I'll give you a cookie

And a virtual hug♡

Sorry for the typos and grammar mistakes