Chapter 7: Recovery

A Few Hours have now passed by, and Chase started to wake up in his hospital bed, and Ryder and all of the Pups were there. And for a second, Chase didn't remember what happened.

Chase: Where am I? (Confused)

Skye: Chase, your awake!

Chase then remembered what happened.

Chase: Skye, I am so glad your safe!

Chase tried to get Up but his back was hurting because of the burns.

Ryder: Chase, you need to lay down and rest.

Skye then gave Chase a lick on the cheek and Chase smiled.

Chase: I don't care much about what happened to me, I am just glad I saved Skye before it was too late.

Marshall: That was a really Epic Save, even i wouldn't have dared to go inside there.

Chase: How is the Fire?

Ryder: The Firefighters took care of it, and now Rocky is going to check if there is anything he can still find working from the rubble.

Rubble: You called me?

Ryder: No, I meant like the Rocks rubble.

Rubble: Oh.

The Pups then laughed at the Miscommunication.

Chase: So, how long do I have to stay here?

Ryder: Well, according to your condition, you need to stay here for at least 3 Weeks so you can recover.

Chase: (Sighs).

Ryder: It's Ok, we can visit you every day.

Skye: I will definitely come for every visit.

Chase: Thanks guys. (While Stroking Skye's cheek)

Most of the Pups then left the room, but Chase asked Marshall to stick around for a little bit longer.

Chase: Marshall, come over here.

Marshall: What is it Chase?

Chase: Marshall, when are you going to admit your feelings to Everest?

Marshall was surprised by Chase's question.

Marshall: Well, I will tell her eventually.

Chase: Marshall, you always say that, yet it never happens, Marshall, here is some advice I have got for you. Please, do not wait any longer, we see what happened today, Skye almost died if it wasn't for me, you may never know when your time or Everest's time in this world is up, do not wait any longer, or you could regret not saying it for the rest of your life, now go over there and admit your feelings to Everest, she is right outside that door, and after you tell her, you can let me know how it went.

Marshall took Chase's advice pretty seriously, and he knew Chase was right. So, Marshall slowly went of the room that Chase was in, and approached Everest.

Everest: Hey Marshall, you did a Great Job putting out that fire today. (Smiling)

Marshall: (Smiles Nervously) Thanks, Everest. Hey, Uhh...Everest, can I tell you something?

Everest: Sure Marshall, after all, you were the First one to take care of me when you all found me.

Marshall: Well, this is going to be hard for me to say it, and I probably wouldn't have even tried without some encouragement from my best Friend.

Everest: What is it? (Curious)

Marshall: Well.., I have always had feelings for you. (Quickly).

Everest couldn't believe what she had just heard.

Everest: Can you repeat that please?

Marshall: I said I have always had feelings for you!

Marshall yelled it, and all of the other Pups and Ryder turned around, and Marshall realized that he was loud and he blushed red of embarrassment.

Everest: I too have always had feelings for you!

Marshall was shocked and surprised as well.

Marshall: You had feelings for me too?

Everest: Yes, but I never thought you did, why didn't you tell me.

Marshall: Well, I guess I was too shy and afraid to admit it to you, because I thought that I was not good enough for you, because I am always seen as the Clumsy one, and you wouldn't want a Pup like that.

Everest: Marshall, I love your clumsiness!

Marshall: Really?

Everest: Yes, I think it's really cute.

Then, without hesitation, Marshall and Everest started leaning forward and kissed.

All the other Pups: Awww...

Skye smiled at her best friend as well and was happy for her.

Marshall and Everest blushed red, but they were very happy.

Marshall: I will be right back!

Marshall then went back to Chase's room.

Chase: So, how did it go? (Curious)

Marshall: I admitted my feelings to her and apparently, she felt the same way about me too.

Chase: See, I knew you 2 had always had a thing for each other.

Marshall: Thanks so much for that advice Chase.

Chase: Anytime Marshall.

Ryder and All the Pups (Except Chase) started to walk back to the lookout, but Skye wanted to spend the night at the Hospital.

Skye: I think I am going to stay here tonight.

Ryder: Ok, see you tomorrow.

Skye: Bye.

Ryder and the rest of the Pups left the hospital and Skye went to Chase's room.

Chase: Oh, Hi Angel, Your going to stay here.

Skye: Yep, I am going to stay here all night with you. (Licking his cheek)

Chase smiled as he also gave his Girlfriend a kiss on the forehead and Skye got on Chase's bed, and after watching T.V for a little bit, they fell asleep, while holding paws and cuddling with each other.