Preface

AUTHORS NOTE: Hi there! Thank you for finding interest in Love Torn! I invite you to read further, but would like to say a few things before you jump into the story. Love Torn is not to the best of my writing abilities and hence I would like to note that plot holes, grammar mistakes, and such are most likely to be seen throughout the story. I would just like to inform that this is something I had put on Wattpad as a "trial" and that my writing skills have improved drastically for the better. To read something more to my current skills, check out my new book Wherever You Are (or things more currently updated). However, if you would like to continue reading, all comments would be appreciated, though, I am not pursing editing this story any further. Thank you! Authors note revised and rewritten 4/6/16

------

PREFACE

The sunlight shines down so gently, but that all goes away when I notice what lies ahead. Two carriages: one full of men and the other full of women. Brass bars hold the citizens back, but not enough for them to still try to escape.

The carriage full of men shakes back and forth as they try to tumble it to the ground, as the carriage full of women remains competely still, from how the only thing going on inside is sobbing.

I look to Athinia and notice her being dragged forward; not wanting to go any further. Then my eyes wander to Calix as I watch him being brought past me; kicking and fighting for his way out. "Calix." I say loud enough for him to hear. He looks immediately at me then, his eyes full of sorrow. "I love you." I tell him sadly, since I'm not sure what exactly will happen to us. His eyes narrow to my cheek and then to my eyes; before he's shoved onto the carriage and locked inside.

"I love you too and nothing will keep us apart." he yells to me. "We will see each other again." Is his last words before the carriage starts up and the horses trot past my eyes; bringing Calix farther away from me.

A single tear falls from my eye and onto the ground, before I'm picked up and shoved into the other carriage. I kick and scream for Calix back, but as soon as I feel Athinia locked around my waist; I force myself to forget him...Athinia is my priority now.

The soliders lock the carriage back up and hop back into the front to steer the horses. I feel a jerk as we start moving and I slowly look down to Athinia. Her eyes are held tightly closed and her grip on me is stronger than anything I've ever felt. By force of habit I wrap my arms around her, pulling her into a huge bear hug.

This reminds me of the time I had to protect her from that fire in our house. I had failed almost killing us both; if it wasnt for Calix. He saved us and brought us back to safety. He's not here though and I dont know if I can protect Athinia to my full content. She's my life and I would give anything her little heart desired, but this time....what do I do if I can't protect her? And what do I do if I never can find Calix again? All my life everything I have loved had disappeared and I don't intend on losing anyone more.

Never again will I feel that pain.