13. A Dream

“Good morning sunshine’s” I hear someone loudly say, making me shake awake. My eyes immediately dart to General Cliff above Calix and I, and then to the Guards staring down at us as well. “Take them to the cellar.” I hear General Cliff order, as a Guard grabs me and another grabs Calix; harshly dragging us out of the room and through the hallways. I groan as my bones scream in agony with every inching step I’m forced to take, but soon we turn off the hallway and are brought downstairs.

“What, what are you doing.” I desperately ask, as the Guard chains me against a tall podium once we get to the bottom of the stairs.

“You’ll see.” Is all he says in reply, before I feel a sharp whip hit across my back. I scream out in agony, falling to the floor, but still hanging there from my wrists being tied up above my head.

“Please don’t.” I cry, while another lash comes pounding across my back. I gasp out from having the wind knocked out of me and turn my head to the right to notice Calix as well tied up and being whipped beside me. The strange thing though, is that he’s not screaming or yelling at all! It’s almost like he’s…

I gasp awake in bed, looking around and noticing that I’m in my parents’ house…nothing burned or destroyed…nothing gone at all. Everything is how it was that one cold night Calix came over and brought me to bed. 

I push my covers aside, thinking about the horrible dream in which I had just had. It seemed so real…so utterly real that I swear it all just happened. But it didn’t, none of it did…it was all but a dream. The burning of our house, the kiss Calix and I shared, moving into the Rateno’s house, seeing Athinia sick, being torn from Camic,  watching him die…it was all just a dream…

Or was it?

~~Thank you all so much for reading! I'm so happy I finished this book, sorry for the ending xD I just had to do that. anyways, thanks!~~