Confessions

I'm sorry and I love you.

Veronica POV

After seb told me about what his life with Lance was like, I'm going to call a family meeting.

"Hey vee, what's up?" Antonio asks.
"It's about seb and lance..."
They all give me disappointed looks.
"Lance isn't... what we thought he was... seb told me how lance and he were treated at home with dad and..." I went on telling everyone about the abuse, the saving, fear, everything he told me.

None of them really believed me aside from the ones who loved lance; me, seb, Luis and charlotte. Although Luis and char are young they know not to assume. I guess the 9 and 11 year old are smarter than the high schoolers.

"Please believe me... he's not bad..." I say trying to convince them that lance is good and not who they think he is.

"Why would we believe you, vee?"
"Yeah, you keep so many secrets from us."
"What secrets do I keep?" I'm getting nervous but not letting it show. If I say my secrets they won't accept me.
"Tell us your secrets and then we'll ponder the idea of believing you."
"Come up to my room."

They comply, following me to my room. All of us in my room. Me, Rosa, Ant, Alex, Leo, seb, char, Luis.

"So, spill some secrets." Rosa said in a tone to me.
"Don't hate me."
"As long as your not like lance why would we?"
"What would make me like lance?"
"I don't know... actually liking him? Maybe wanting to protect him?" They all start laughing at me, well... Rosa, Ant, Alex, and Leo did. Seb, char, and Luis stayed quiet.

"You wanna know a fucking secret?! Alright here's one!"
'I can't believe I'm coming out to my family... they'll hate me...' I think as a tear comes to my eye.
"IM FUCKING LESBIAN AND DEPRESSED AND HAVE ANXIETY AND I CUT MYSELF AND I LOVE LANCE! IM SAD THAT HE WENT INTO SPACE AND IM SAD THAT HES GONE! IM SAD THAT I WAS TRICKED BY YOUR MIND GAMES FOR SO FUCKING LONG! LANCE IS THE SAVIOR OF OUR FAMILY! HE PROTECTED US, EVEN AFTER LUCI DIED!" 'Oh shit... I brought up luci... we made a promise never to talk about her... oh well...' I thought as I continued, "HE STILL MANAGED TO PUT ON A SMILE, MAKE IT LOOK LIKE HES HAPPY, TAKE ALL THE BEATINGS AND LIES AND HATRED SO WE COULD BE HAPPY! WE'RE ALL MONSTERS HERE! ME, ROSA, ANT, ALEX, AND LEO, WERE ALL MONSTERS! WHY CAN YOU SEE THAT?!"

I don't realize until now that I'm crying and I have been. I also don't realize how loud I was shouting. Luckily mom got us sound proof walls so only we could hear that. But I still can't believe I just came out to my family... they'll hate me...

Seb, char, and Luis all come by my side in my need of comfort. They all hug me as I cry into them.

The rest of them are contemplating on whether now would be a good time to come out because, I already know all their secrets.

"I also have secrets..." said Leo standing up from my bed, where he was previously sitting.

"Well, we'll all just spill our guts now I guess." Says Alex.

"I'm non-binary. I'm pansexual and I really like a boy at school..." says Leo.

Everyone isn't as shocked as they were with me. But they just sit there, waiting for the next person.

"I'm pan and I like a girl. I have major anxiety. And I get bullied a lot... it caused me to have depression... not severe just depression..." said Alex.

"I have depression and anxiety... insomnia and paranoia... panic attacks... I'm bi and I like a boy... I'm suicidal... thoughts and attempts... everytime lance has saved me... I didn't get bullied at my old school, this one I do... I'm also cutting..." seb adds.

Everyone looks at him in disbelief while I just look at him with sympathy and he returns the look.

"Rosa? Ant? Any confessions?" I ask.

"No." They both respond.

"I don't know my sexuality but I like a girl... she's super nice to me even when I get bullied... she always helps me up and makes me smile and happy again! I'm depressed... I have a facade on at home... I have anorexia and I cut... I'm unpopular and my only friend is my crush and also I have suicidal thoughts here and there... I also don't understand why we hate lance... he did nothing wrong and he was so nice to me. Before daddy took him and seb, he would give me horse-y rides and piggy backs. Let me on his shoulders even when he was in pain... I don't see how anyone could hate such an amazing soul like his..." char finishes, smiling. She smiled the whole time saying that and everyone looks at her in disbelief like seb. Even me, a bit at least. She told me most of it. Just not all of it.

"The nice, bubbly, fun, loving girl has had depression, anorexia, suicidal thoughts and more and we didn't know?!" Leo asked more demandingly than he meant.

She cowers in fear of him and nods. I go up to her and comfort her. She hugs me back like her life depends on it and cries into my shoulder.

"Anyone else need to spill their heart out? Or can we discuss what we all heard from everyone?"

I look at seb and he nods.

"I do..." he raises his hand, "I'll tell you everything about lance."

Some 'ugh' and some are intrigued.

"He's depressed and he has anxeity. He has anorexia. He was abused by dad at least 10x worse than me on a daily basis. He gets bullied extremely badly, he always came home with cuts and bruises and I was scared to start high school because of it. He cuts, deeper than anyone can imagine. He screams in agony and pain only to calm down because of the fact that he remembers that dad's home and will beat him for screaming. He has major trust issues and is super protective over me, well any friends although he hasn't made one yet... hopefully whoever he's out with in space will become his friend someday..." seb finishes off his statement looking down at his trembling hands. He's panicking on how the others will react although instead of hiding it he just runs over to me from where he was standing and jumps in my arms. I catch him and hold him as he cried into my shoulder.

Rosa, Ant, Alex and Leo look at him like he's crazy but I just nod, telling them he's not lying.

Leo and Alex look at each other, they look sorry and they join the hug meaning that they are now on our side with how we look at lance, he's good. Rosa and Antonio will take much more convincing but we got 2 more.

'I knew you were good lance... we have almost everyone convinced as well... by the time you come back I swear I'll make everything right... take my life if I'm wrong.'

A/N song above is a song I was listening to while writing this. All of Gabbie Hanna's songs are good and I love them! Especially the album '2WAYMIRROR'. It's all really good!