Chapter 5

Lykus smiled to himself as he set his eyes on the beautiful ocean blue jewell that reposed in a glass coffin, its sharp cuts reflecting the light from the little lightbulbs that surrounded it. His gloved hands softly came in touch with the glass cover that protected the Star's Kiss, his mind remembering the security system that was set to guard the jewel.

He first made a tiny hole at the bottom of the glass, letting the air into the pressurised space. Any sudden change of pressure inside of the glass would have sounded the alarm. When no more air was entering through he hole, he confidently took out a small tool and stuck it to the glass, watching with glee as it cut out a larger circle through it, just enough to fit a large male fist. Making sure that the gloves were tight around his finger, the man slowly put his right hand through the round-shaped hole, his breath slow trying to control his hand from shaking at the excitement that filled him.

When the jewell was finally in his palm, he released his breath in relief before stuffing it inside a small pouch bag that he fit on his belt with a small hook. He looked around the empty room, his mind wandering back to that girl, Lilith, who was almost able to catch him many times already. Thinking back to their fight a few moments ago, he suddenly felt a sharp pain between his legs and blushed at the memory of her hitting him there. He slapped his cheeks at the thought, he couldn't be becoming a masochist, could he ?

He turned to the hidden door that was built in case of emergencies on the opposite of the largeer ones. His hand was on the handle when the door suddenly swung open from the other side, taking him by surprise and hitting his nose in the meantime. He jumped back in a fighting position, waiting for the intruder that was on the other side to enter. Any other person would have been knocked out the moment they stepped into the room, yet, when Lilith appeared before his eyes, Lykus wasn't able to move.

Her sharp violet eyes settled on him, the fury in her glare unmasked for him to see. He seemed to forget to breathe as he looked at the woman that stood immobile before him, her hair brushed over her shoulders from her sprint to come here from the control room. He noticed that she had her gun this time so he didn't recklessly approach her like the last few times they met. That trick on the rooftop would only work on her once after all.

Lilith studied the man in that dimly lit room, her eyes like burning flames on his flesh as he stood, transfixed. His mask fit on his face snuggly, only letting out those eyes that seemed to scorch her skin.

Suddenly, she sprung up and swung her leg at his head, which was deviated by him before the kick could hit him. He chuckled and grabbed her leg before abruptly pulling her to him. She gasped as she lost her balance, crashing into his arms unprepared. He smiled and patted her head like a cat before pushing her to a seat beside the coffin of the jewell. After making sure that she landed on it safely, he turned and stormed out, quickly swallowed by the darkness of the secret passageway.

Lilith glanced at the glass and sprung up, sprinting after him while praying that her team had been able to follow her and were posted at the exit of the passage. However, when she stepped out and looked around, no one was outside but an empty street alley with garbage bags left here and there. She cursed under her breath as she knew that it wouldn't be possible to find him now that he had escaped into the city.

Remembering something, she quickly took out her phone and logged into an application, her heart beating wildly inside of her chest. When a red dot appeared on her screen, she almost screamed out in joy, her mind quickly taking note of the address where the dot was positioned on a map of the city before quickly sending a message to her team to go there ASAP.

She was walking towards her car when her team answered her. They had been there but they had only found a jacket left on the ground. Lykus must've have known that he had a tracker on him and had left it there to confuse her. She swore under her breath as disappointment filled her. He had still escaped after everything.