32

And here comes a lecture about how important not to have sex during teenage years. Hero and i giggle from time to time and roll over eyes in sync. Well, Kate wasnt that lucky. Mom didnt let her laugh at us. When she started to giggle and stood up to leave us alone but mom stopped her and forced her to stay then she started to tell her off. Dad let me and Hero go back to my room. He winked as me and my boyfriend went up the stairs. It caused us laugh even more.

'Quite an evening!' Hero exclaims between laughs.

'best comedy ever!' i join. 'Have you seen her face?!' and i almost fall on the floor so hard i am laughing now, But this laugh wasnt caused by this situation with me and Hero being caught in my kitchen but by the relief we got from mom finally doing something about Kate. She kinda helped us. We texted Stassie and Mercy and they were both fine too. They invited us to their little party but we decided to finally have some dinner and do our homework which we managed to finish only after midnight so you can imagine how tired we both look in the morning. We caught up with Mercy and Stassie and their night of comedies and horrors didnt help their sleep too. We also met Kate. She was mad and furious when she saw us. She ran up and said, 'i hope you are proud of yourselves now!' she spat and we saw her getting in my mom's car. This caused more laugh from our side. She got grounded and Hero and i can stop worrying on my account at least for a while.

But her stares at school that's what was like a dead shot. Unforunately our lockers were in the same corridor. When i saw Austin with her i froze and couldnt force myself turn around and walk away. I try to listen to their talk but it is too busy in the corridor, with so many other students' voices make my chances impossible. I check if they left from time to time but they seem too deep into conversation. I dont see Ausin's face as he is turned with his back to me but i can clearly see Kate's. My intuition tells me that she is telling him about me. I have already found everything i needed but i am too scared too move. Suddenly i feel someone's hand on my shoulder.

'hey, Jo,' says Hero. A smile plays on his lips but his gesture scares so much that i am even more frozen to the ground. I glance at him and he turns his head for a second to Kate and Austin. When he notices how worried i am he nods and hugs my shoulders. I force myself to close my locker and Hero walks me to my classroom.

'What were they talking about? What'd you think?' i ask with my shaky voice.

'Dunno. Us?'

We stop at the doorway of my classroom and Hero turns me to face him.

'Dont worry,' he says. 'i wont let them hurt ya.'

I nod and he leaves towards his classroom. I watch him go.

I try to concentrate on the information the teacher is giving to us but giving to how little i slept last night, i feel pretty tired, sleepy and bored. The same shit was during the rest of my periods. Luckyly,i didnt meet Kate or her new besties between the classes.

Mercy, Stassie and Emie catch me after i leave my last class for today. Stassie and Emie get on the both sides of me and Mercy seems a bit out of mood. I dont ask her and besides i can easily guess why she looks so sad but i dont do either as the others seem so excited and they cant stop talking for a second.

'So what are your plans after school?' girls ask in unison.

'I need to ask Hero,' i say a bit confused with their excitement.

'Oh, your dates can wait for a while,' says Stassie. 'We have another awsome idea. And it is as good as hell.'

Their wide smiles bother me more and more. I dare say scare.

'Do you have a costume for upcoming Halloween party?' asks Emie.

'Uhm, actually, i havent thought about it yet,' i say.