14

The next day we decide to go to the library after school. Well, not after school, it is better to say in the evening, we dont wanna draw much attention to us as people will notice us – a bunch of teenagers looking for some history moments in the library. But when we come it is closed.

'And what will we do know?' asks Emie. She is upset and disappointed. The problem of us being late is Sassie -she wanted to put on the right outfit for such a mission.

'We could sneak in,' says Hero and i see a playful smile on his lips.

'What do you mean by 'sneak in'? ' mocks him Emie.

'We could get in through the window or the back door,' he shrugs.

'And how do we know the back door is opened and there is a poster saying welcome everyone who missed their time,' asks Emie sarcastically. She glances at Stassie from time to time.

'At least we could try,' says Zach and we all follow him as he walks along the building and then disappears in the dark corner where we find the back door. The door is closed to no one's surprise but Hero demonstrate us some skills of breaking-in.

'I'll tell mom and dad,' says Mercy when Hero opens the lock with her pins.

'I'm sure they wont give a shit,' he says and opens the door wide for us to come in. He smirks at me and closes the door behind me. He is the last one to enter.

When we get into the main hall Mercy gives us all a task to search in the row with newspapers. We all take different issues of the local paper and look through carefully.

'When you moved in were there people living in my house?' i ask Mercy.

'I dont remember, honestly. Maybe they were but they werent very social. I dont remember seeing their car. Hero?

'What?' he looks up at us lazily.

'Do you remember our previous neighbours?'

'Uhmm, we didnt have them.'

'So the house was empty all those years?' asks Stassie.' We could throw parties there!' she exclaims maybe a little too loudly.

'Oh, cant you be louder, Stassie?' asks Zach sarcastically. 'Now the librarian or a watchman is gonna come and kick our asses.'

'Oh,you're such a girl.'

'You're the one to talk.' They continue their little fight a bit longer whispering and grimacing.

'Can you guys stop for a while and listen to me?' interupts them Emie. She draws our attention and we all come closer to her.

'What did you find?' asks Zach.

'Listen. Not long before you moving in to the next door house there was a break in into Jo' house,' says Emie.' A neighbour heard aome noise in the opposite house and he called the police. When they came they found a bucnch of teenagers. They were all drunk and there was blood everywhere. The teenagers were arrested and put behind the bars while police were checking the house. They found a pintagramme there and lota of strange bottles with unknown filling. And they found a dead body of a girl of our age.'

Emie stops reading and we all look at each other. We can see fear in our eyes. Zach swellows hard and we all hear that but we dont make nay jokes about it. We are all scared and especially when we hear something fall.

'What was that?' asks Stassie and i can see her arm tremble when she brings the light to thw place where the sound could come from. We all start to look around. It is dark and creepy in here.

'Maybe we can take these papers with us and then read later,' says Zach. We all nod and grab the papers. We run to the door as fast as we never did in our PE lessons. We all get into Hero's car and i sit in front.

'So you're right. Something bad happened in your house,' says Zach.

'And you didnt believe her,' spits Mercy. Well, i knew that.

'Yeah, but we all see nightmares and if you are scared of darkness you can halucinate but i didnt have a thought that there was a specific reason for this.'

'Zach, you're an asshole,' says Emie.

'Maybe we should talk to the neighbours. They are still living here, right?' suggests Stassie.

'Do you think they will tell us?' asks Mercy. I can hear disbelief in her voice.

'We could try.'

The rest of the road we go in silence. Everyone stays in their thoughts. Hero gives a ride to everyone and we stop in front of our houses and Mercy gets off the car, Hero asks me to stay a little longer.

'Listen, you dont have to go back to your house. You can stay with me,' he says.

'I'd love to but what will i say to my parents? They will freak out and we will have to move out for the millions time like we always did in the past.' I bite my lip when i realise what i have just said.

'In the past? You mean..? Did you move out becuase of something very similiar?'

I'm still biting my lip. I dont know if i should tell him.

'no?' i sqeak.

'You're lying,' Hero states.

'I cant tell you now.'

'Then when? We are trying to help you! And if you dont wanna help us so we could help then we wont be able to help.'

'I know but i cant tell you now.'

Hero sighs and rubs his eyes.

'Will i see ya tomorrow?' he looks at mewith tired eyes.

'Yeah.' I say and get out of the car. I cant tell him now but i want to. I walk into my house and try to be very quiet. I can see the light in the corridor leading to my parents' and Margo's rooms. So they arent sleeping yet. As i go to the stairs i try to imagine how the house looked when the police found it but i cant. I need to see the picture. Emie didnt show us and i dont know why. As i go up to my room i see the light in our corridor on the second floor. This means Kate is awake too. I sneak into my room and start to u dress slowly. I come to the window but Hero's window is dark. I dont see light in there so he is somewhere else, maybe in the shower. I need to take a shower myself. As i walk out i bump into Kate.

'Where've you been?' she asks.

'With Mercy,' i say.

'Cool. Was Hero with you?' she asks and i can feel my jealousy coming back. Slowly but noticable. I clench my fists and purse my lips.

'Yeah, ' i say. 'He was.'

'And what was he doing? I tried to call him all the evening but he never picked up the phone.'

I feel so much relieved when i hear that. He was ignoring her when she wanted to takk. It is the small one but still a victory.

'He was with his friends,' i lie and bite my bottom lip. I think she knows about me and him now.

'And where did they go then?' she asks.

'I dont know. They were still in the house when i left.' The lie becomes much more easier for me.

'Were they? I saw his car leaving now and he is gone.'

When i hear that my heart drops. Where did he go? Or maybe heis car in the garage. But Kate said that he has just left. But where? I know she can see my reaction.

'He was there so i dont know,' i spit and go to the bathroom. Kate mumbles something and then j hear her door close.

What happened? Where did he go? These thoughts are all over my head. I bite my lips and nails. I bite myself so hard that i can feel pain in my fingers and then when i look at them i see blood. Shit. I get under hot water but it doesnt help. I'm still thinking about Hero. When i go back to my room i almost run to the window in hope to see the light in Hero's room but it is still dark in there. I need to check. I hate my jealousy. I go downstairs and look out of the window. Kate is right, i dont see Hero's car in front of his house. Shit. Where is he? 

A/N 

Booo A little drama. Where do think he went?...  If you have any ideas ur welcome to comment.