27

Falling asleep in Hero's arms seems like my new tendency. I have never thought that i would be sleeping with a guy in the same bed. It is strange to me. Hero acted like a gentleman, he made a bed for me and tucked the blanket under my body. His dog joined us soon and i felt like home. When i was a young girl i thought that i would start a family after i had finished college and i wouldnt spend my every night with a boy. I feel like an adult and i can imagine this picture easily: me and Hero live in a house somewhere in a small village, we have two children running around us,a boy and a girl. Hero will have some cool job and i will be a vet. We will have some pets and maybe cattle. But this is all a dream. I am a teenager. I am not ready for an adult life.

I fell asleep being protected by my two guards. One of them woke me up with its wet tongue on my hand. The worst thing about waking up with Hero is that i have to come back to my house anyway, just to change. Well, i didnt do that yesterday but today i cant go to back in a party dress.

The moment i get into my house, i meet Kate and i cant get to my room unnoticed.

'You spent the night with him, right?' asks Kate when i take a step towards the stairs. I dont like her tone – she sounds jealous and envious. But i dont want her to insult me. I pause, turn to her and shake my hair off my shoulders to the back.

'So what?' i say crossing my arms over my chest.

'Just be careful, okay?' she softens. I feel some bad vibes around Hero too but i guess they are just a part of his bad guy image.

When i get downstairs everyone is gone. I dont see mom and dad and i dont know what to think. Are my parents planning something? Are they gonna take us away again? But wont those people who took Kate come after us? Demons and now kidnappers. What's next? I hope no aliens will come to our planet and especially to our family. With these dark thoughts about moving out i join Hero and Mercy in his car. They are not so talkative today. Hero is driving in silence i can only see how tight his hands sqeeze the steering wheel. Mercy is whole devoted to her cell. I guess i deserve some answers.

'Mercy?'

'Yeah?' she says looking at me cruriously.

'Why didnt you show up at the restaurant?' i ask her. 'I was waiting for you like for an hour or so and you just didnt come. I called you and you...'

'Uhm, sorry, Jo, i forgot,' she bites her lips.

'You forgot? You wanted me to see you and then you just forgot. Bullshit.'

'Look,uhm, sorry, okay? I had some stuff to do.'

I thought that we were good but she fucked everything up again. What is she hiding? She has been so secretive recently.

'what are you hiding, Merce?' i ask

'What'd you mean? I dont hide anything' she says with a laugh.

'but you are!' i insist. 'You are lying to me all the time!' i feel so angry right now that i feel like i am ready to kill her.

'okay, and when did i lie?' Mercy puts away her cell and leans in to me.

'Like when Kate was kidnapped. You said Hero was out but he was at home and then you just didnt pick up your fucking phone!' i shout. I now i must be looking like a psycho but i need this truth. I know that my demand for answers wont help our friendship but i cant help it. Mercy is silent. I can see how nervous she is.

'Okay, can you stop? You two?' shouts Hero.'If you dont then you both go to school on your foot!'

I turn my head to the window and try to calm down. I started this arguement so he is mad at me more.