Chapter 5: Justification

Clarke awoke having had the most peaceful sleep, which was something that she had not been accustomed to for some time now. For a moment Clarke forgot her whereabouts and started to panic before she realized where she was.

She turned to her left to face the brunette who was still sleeping and cuddled further into her. Lexa looked so peaceful, young and innocent thought Clarke. She ad never seen Lexa so at ease before, which Clarke cherished as it was such a new experience for her. Clarke was so used to dealing with Lexa in times of war and now that the war with Mount Weather was over she could get to know the brunette in a time of peace.

This prospect excited Clarke as it suddenly dawned on her that now maybe she could get to enjoy her life on the ground and start to build a future with Lexa. Clarke couldn't help, but grin to herself before planting a soft kiss on Lexa's forehead. The brunette hummed and the corners of her mouth turned into a small smile. Clarke this time pressed her lips to Lexa's and pulled her in for a passionate kiss to, which Lexa instantly responded to. Eventually the kiss slowed down and stopped as both girls needed to breathe.

"Good morning sleeping beauty," joked Clarke. Lexa her mind still fuzzy from sleep took a few minutes to realize how the blonde had come to be in her bed. Then she remembered. Lexa smirked causing Clarke to feel flushed. "Oh she is so damn hot," thought Clarke. "Good morning Clarke, I trust you slept well?" replied Lexa.

"I did thank you Lexa. It's the best I've slept in ages. Thanks to your lovely, soft, big bed. Lexa quirked an eyebrow before replying huskily "You're sure it didn't have something to do with the extremely attractive woman lying beside you?" Clarke pretended to weigh up the choices in her head and then responded to Lexa's question by saying, "Nope definitely the bed." Lexa feigned being hurt, but that quickly turns into a chuckle and soon both girls were laughing. Clarke then leaned into kiss Lexa for a second time.

"I slept well, because of you Lexa You make me feel safe." Lexa smiled and stated "You are weakness." She then pulled Clarke closer before leaning into kiss her. Just as Lexa deepened the kiss suddenly the door opened and both girls jumped as they heard a throat being cleared. Both girls turned their heads to see an angry looking Indra standing by the doorway.

"Indra, what is the meaning of this? You know that you are supposed to knock before entering my chambers! The Guards should not have let you enter. What is the point in having guards if they do not follow orders!" growled Lexa. "Forgive me, Heda. I did not mean to intrude, but there are things to take care of. The leaders of the clans wish to have a meeting to discuss the future of the coalition and the Alliance with the Skykru now that the Mountain is no longer a threat."stated Indra firmly.

"I am well aware of that, Indra. Now leave us," pouted Lexa. "Heda, I urge you to be sensible and to put the needs of your people first," stated Indra. "I am the Heda not the you. Do not tell me what to do! I always put my people first and I always will. How dare you imply that I am neglecting my duties!" snapped Lexa. "Heda, you let this girl distract you. It is weakness," grumbled Indra. "Shof op, Indra. You are wrong what I feel for Clarke is not weakness. She makes me stronger and makes me a better leader to our people." "But Heda ..." Indra was interrupted before she could say any more by Lexa snarling "Get out now!" with every word dripping with acid as she spoke.

Indra turned around and left without another word. Clarke turned to face Lexa and saw that the woman was visibly shaking with anger. Clarke instinctively wrapped her arms around the girl and gently started to rub her back gently in circular motions. The brunette seemed to relax under the contact. Once Lexa was sure that she had her anger under control she turned to Clarke and brought her in for a kiss that was much more desperate than their previous kisses. Lexa pulled back before she lost all control and proceed to kiss the top of Clarke's head.

"Lex are you ok?" asked Clarke quietly. " I am now Clarke. What Indra said angered me that's all. I always put my people first and my relationship with you will not change that. I should have known that Indra would not understand," replied Lexa sadly. "What does that mean for us? Does that mean that you don't want to be with me anymore?" said Clarke softly.

"Of course not, Clarke. I have wanted nothing than to be with you. It is all I have dreamt about for a very long time. Indra's opinion has not changed that. It has simply made me want to fight harder to prove to my people that I am more than capable of leading them and loving you," stated Lexa softly. Clarke's eyes began to fill with tears as she replied to Lexa saying, " I love you too Lex!"

"Clarke why are you crying?" asked a confused Lexa. "Lex I'm crying because I'm the happiest I've been in a long time. I never knew I could love someone as much as I love you and I love you so much. What makes me the happiest is that for some reason you love me just as much."

Lexa pulled Clarke into a tight embrace before saying, "I love you Clarke Griffin. I never intended to fall in love ever again, but from the moment I first met you, you captured my heart. I have never loved anyone like I love you, not even Costia. I can't explain it, but I think I was destined to meet you," said Lexa lovingly. "I feel the same Lex," replied Clarke.

The two girls embraced a little while longer before Clarke broke the silence. "So what are you going to do about the meeting?" began Clarke. Lexa let out an exasperated sigh before stating " I will gather the clan leaders and invite them to discuss their ideas with me. Ultimately I will decide what is to be done as I am the Heda. I do not want to break the Coalition. It has been my life's work. I do not want to break the Alliance between our two people's either as it benefits both our people greatly. I am just not sure how to make the clan leaders see this," sighed Lexa.

"Hey Lex look at me?" Lexa did as she was told. "Together we can do this ok? We make a good team remember. Do you trust me?" said Clarke. "I do trust you, Clarke. Together?" replied Lexa. "Together," punctuated Clarke with a nod. The girls spent the rest of the day planning for the meeting and carried on well into the night.