Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I grabbed my suit case and quietly put my clothes in it. Every little movement I did hurt. I winced when I accidental bumped into my dresser. Finding things in the dark is not easy. The only light I have for guidance is the moonlight coming in my bedroom window. And that's not much light. I feel around the floor boards to find the one with the hole. Once I found it I lift it up and reach in till my fingers touch a familiar box. I pulled it out and put it in my suit case.

That box holds all the money I've saved since I started working at the bakery close to my old school. I started at sixteen. That was three years ago. I have enough money to survive on my own for maybe a couple of months. I walked over to my bed(if you can even call it that) and grabbed my hoodie. I pulled it on to hide the scars on my arms and since tonight it'd be chilly. I go to my tiny closet and grab my few shirts from their hangers and stuff them in my suit case. I crouched down and closed it then picked it up and my back pack from beside my dresser.

This is your only chance Nova, I thought to myself.Don't chicken out.

I sighed as I grabbed my door knob and silently slipped out my room. I would go out the window but that bastard nailed it down. So I have to go out this way. I walked to the stair case hoping that the floor boards don't creak under my weight. When I made it to the stairs I tipped toed down.

Of course the stairs hate me and want to get me caught. As soon as I stepped on the last stair it creaked. I held my breathe and try to calm my rapid beating heart. Sweat slid down my back. I freeze and listen close. I silently sighed in relief when I heard snoring. Good the asshole is still sleeping. I walked into the kitchen and grab the sharpest knifes I can find and as quiet as possible wrapped them in foil in record time then put them carefully in my back pack. I closed it then slipped it on and carried my suit case in my right hand. As I made it to the front door I noticed that I didn't hear snoring anymore. Shit.

"Nova?" I heard the bastard mumble. I could hear him get out of his bed and make his way to his bedroom door.

It's now or never. I opened the front door and started running towards town. I'll be there soon. I ran even faster when I heard him scream my name. I moved as fast as my small frame could take me. I'm sure that by now you're wondering why I'm not with my grandma. Well she died, after being stabbed sixty times.Two years is how long I was with her. Seems like death loves to take those who mean the most to me. Once police came and questioned me I got sent to foster care. For years I moved house to house. None of them pleasant. I either got physically abused or sexually. I've been stuck with dear old fuck face for three years but I've recently graduated high school and I stayed with him only cause I have no other place to go to. That's why I've been saving money since I was sixteen. He didn't know that I started to work. I always lied and said that I was staying after school for a project or something. Since day one with him, he's hit me, punched me, used me as a slave and basically bad my life hell. Last night he punched my eye because I didn't get his beer fast enough. I've finally gotten sick of it and as I'm doing now what I've been wanting to for months now, I'm running away. I smiled when I see that the small diner next to the library is still open. I jogged over to it and walked inside. Bells from on top of the door jingle. I look around and see not to many people here. Good. I founnd myself a spot that's way in the corner and attempt to draw attention away from me as much as possible.

Suddenly I felt as though eyes were on me. I looked around from under my bangs and scanned the room. I saw no one looking at me. Though I still had the feeling. But that's not all I was feeling. The moment I walked in I had a sudden feeling of a strong emotion overcome me. Not really sure what it is but I don't like it. I sighed and run a hand over my face. I wince when I accidentally touch my black eye. I tried my best to cover with make up but ended up making it look worse.