Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I kept replaying what had just happened in my head. I kept trying to figure out if I maybe imagined it or not. As soon as both of us were in the car, it lurched forward. I looked behind is to see figures of suited men in the room I was just in. They looked mighty pissed. I turned back around to see that it was Tristan who was in the drivers seat. But how could he of gotten here so fast. He too was in the room with us. I'm so confused now. I sighed and looked down to check my wound out. I frowned when I saw nothing but dried blood. What the hell? It couldn't of healed that fast. The wound should still be there. But it's clearly not. Oh god, what is wrong with me.. I looked up to see Charlie looking at me deep in thought. Does he too wonder why I healed so fast? I have a large amount of questions to ask but where do I begin? Maybe I should hold back my questions.

"Where are we headed off to?" I whispered as I looked out the window. It looks as though it might rain. I don't like the rain like I did as a child. I'm not sure why I fear it. Though when I try to think about it my head begins to feel weird and I break out into a sweat. Why can't I remember why I fear rain?

"We're going to see an old friend of mine," he answered, taking a glance at me.

"Oh... Okay..."

I looked back out the window and watched as dark raging clouds rolled in. I'm not sure how long this car ride would be but I don't mind. I was off in my own little world trying to figure things out. Such as how Charlie jumped about ten feet out of a hospital room and survived without a scratch. Or how my wound healed so fast. Is he human? Something told me he wasn't. I think a really good question is, am I human? No human heals as fast as I did. It's kinda funny cause I've never felt normal. Not one time when little did I catch a flu. I was always able to sense things more than others. I remember the day of my sixth birthday when I felt uneasy the whole way to my house. I felt like something bad was going to happen. I'm not sure why but I shouldn't of ignored the feeling.

After moving in with my grandma she too questioned me if I saw the killer. Like I told the police no, I don't remember. It's all blank. I just remember my mom reading to me and falling asleep. Nothing more. Though I feel something nagging at my brain when I try to think back to that night. I know I saw something but what? I think I dream of it but I don't remember what it was of when I wake. I do know that I was scared shitless. Something happened in my dreams that scared me so much to wake up in a cold sweat and gasping for air.

I looked up at the sky to see it was clearing of dark clouds and revealing the night sky. How long have I been in my own little world? I put my hand on my stomach when it growled.

"Can we stop by a store to get some snacks?" I asked looking over at Charlie. He looked up and made eye contact with Tristan in the rear view mirror. It's like they were having a silent conversation with eyes only.

"Yes we can. There's a store up ahead where my friend likes to shop," he said glancing at me.

He seems so distant. His face is blank but his eyes looked worried. I wonder what he's thinking about. I don't know what possessed me to do this but I reached over and gently grabbed his hand. He turned to me looking shocked but covered it with a smile. I leaned over and kissed his cheek. Sparks of electricity tickled my lips. That shocked look was back. I covered my mouth trying to not laugh but I failed.

"Whatever you were thinking just now stop. You're thinking too much. Relax," I said smiling. He smiled back and surprise hugged me. I squealed as he squeezed me tight.

"You're so cute!" He exclaimed. I tried to escape his hug but it was no use. I relaxed into his hold and blew on my bangs. I'm not cute. I'm ugly. No guy will ever think that I'm cute. I used to think that these scars I had were marks of beauty but that theory was shut down real quick when I was sixteen. I had been going out with a guy that I had a crush on. His name is Steven. I was happy. All that abuse I was going through at home became bearable. One day I was at Julie's house on Facebook just cruising through my news feed when I got a notification that I had a new message. I clicked on it happy. I did not expect what he told me.

*flash back*

Steven: Hey, I'm sorry but we need to break up..

I hastily typed back in shock and disbelief.

Me: Why??? Did I do something wrong???

Steven: becuz I hate walking around with a girl that has scars. People have been staring at me AND they've talking about me..Nova...I can't take it anymore. It's way to damn stressful.

I typed back maybe we can date on the down low.

Me: Did you ever mean those sweet random things you used to always tell me? I could work on my appearance. Maybe we can date in secret!

I know I sounded desperate but I really liked him.

Steven: I never did. And I lied about liking you cause I felt bad. Those scars are ugly. Look I'm sorry but don't ever talk to me again. Bye.

After I read our conversation for the tenth time I went to his profile. It was now private. He blocked me. I then logged off and left Julie's house. She wanted to know what was wrong but I couldn't speak. I ran to his house and went around back to his bedroom window. His curtain was almost closed. It was open enough for me to peak inside. I looked in and held my chest as the pain I felt split my heart in two. He was naked with the schools slut. He was gripping her arms as he took her from behind. Tears streamed down my face. I gasped as she looked over to the window and smiled when she saw me. She then threw her head back and moaned loud as she could. I ran away not being able to watch no more. How could he?!

"Nova?" I heard Charlie speak in my ear. His voice was laced with worry. I looked up at him trying not to cry."You okay?"

I forced a smile and nodded my head. I scooted away from him back to my side. No man could ever fall in love with me. I'm just too ugly. After I was able to finally tell Julie what happened that day she got pissed and beat the shit out of the slut then had her older brother beat Steven. It was funny to watch and made me feel a little better but not completely. I rested my head on the cold window and closed my eyes.

We soon made it to the store. I walked around with Tristan while Charlie shopped for the list of my favorite snacks. I turned into the toy section and gazed at toys I was forbidden to have as a child. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a stuffed bunny. I walked up to it and picked it up. It looks just like Jack. Tears weld up in my eyes. I suddenly felt my chest tighten with a deep heart retching pain. It hurt more then what Steven did to me. Why do I feel so sad? I clutched it to my chest and closed my eyes. I saw a flash of blood, rain, and grass then it was gone. What was that? My eyes opened when I l felt warm fingers grip my chin and lift my face up. I stared up into Tristan's icy blue eyes. He said nothing as he wiped away tears that I unknowingly shed. He leaned forward and gently kisses my forehead. His lips too shocked me with electricity. He looked down and smiled.

"Do you want to buy this?" Oh my god that voice. His voice is like Charlie's but slightly deeper.

"Yes please," I whispered.

As soon as we got in the car I began to yawn. I clutched my new bunny and curled up on my side of the car. I closed my eyes as they loaded the car up.

Arms wrapped around me lifting me. I peeked through my right eye to see that we're walking towards a beautiful two story house.

"Where are you taking me?" I mumbled sleepily.

"Sssh go back to sleep," Charlie cooed.

"Charlie," I protested.

I heard him sigh.

"We're at my friends house. I'm taking you to bed. Now go back to sleep."

I yawned and said "okay". I heard knocking then a door creak open. Someone gasped and something must of dropped cause there was a thud from somewhere behind me.

"Is that her? The one that's-."

"Yes it's her now shush. She needs to rest."

I suddenly was being lowered onto something soft. I snuggled up to a pillow and Jack as I got my body comfy. I was out two seconds flat.

_______________________

A/N:

Hey guise! Woot! I finally updated! ^_^ okay first off I hope this wasn't confusing!!! And if it is just ask away! Dx I would really love some feedback. Was this good? Or just unbelievably terrible? Ugh TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME!! >_< well I'm exhausted so ill see y'all next time I update :D so go VOTE, COMMENT, FAN, and SHARE! Please :0 ciao! <3