Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A light breeze woke me up. I sat up and stretched. I feel so.... happy. I strip off my blanket and walk down stairs. When I had walked past my parents room I had seen that they were not in their room. Hm, where can they be? I walk around the house and still I cannot find them. Where could they be? My ears perk up with I hear laughter outside. I know that laugh anywhere. I grin and sprint out the front of the house.

"Mama! Papa!" I yell as I run to them. They smile and embrace me the moment I launch myself at them. "What are you doing out here?"

"We're suppose to go swimming remember?" My mother said grabbing a basket off the porch. I do remember talking about it last night.

" But I haven't gotten ready yet," I protested.

" Sweetheart last when we told you the plan you were so excited you wore your swimsuit to sleep," my father chuckled. I looked down to see that I am indeed wearing a swimsuit. I laughed and looked back up at them. My mother walked over and handed me an umbrella.

" I guess I did," I said walking to the woods in the back yard." Well come on!"

My parents laughed as they trailed behind me. The trip wasn't long nor was it short. As soon as we broke through the trees I ran to the sand and stretched my toes. The sand felt so good between my toes. I smiled as I stretched my arms out above my head letting my skin soak up the sun.

"Nova," a small gust of wind whispered.

I bent down and grabbed the umbrella and opened it up. As I stuck it in the ground I again heard my name being called. What the hell? I shrugged it off and looked over to the tall dock. I saw my mom waving at me. I ran over to her just as she jumped in the water. I smiled at her and got ready to jump. Just as I was about to jump something stopped me. I looked down to see an invisible force holding my left wrist. What the fuck?! I tugged hard but nothing happened. My right hand on its own became a fist and swung. I thought it wouldn't hit anything but then it made a thud noise as it made contact with something. I was immediately released. I turned and ran to the edge. As I turned around the beach was gone, everything, and I was falling. I screamed trying to grab a hold of something.

I looked up above me to see someone jump down with me. Then something strange happened. Do my eyes deceive me or did that person grow wings? I closed my eyes ready for my death. A few seconds passed and nothing happened. I cracked open an eye and saw that I was up in the air. I looked up to see Tristan. I gasp in shock and close my eyes. It's not possible. Then I open my eyes and the wings are still there. I hear him whisper a few words and suddenly I felt sleepy. My eyelids drooped and my head fell back. I was knocked out quick.

I smiled and felt great. I hugged my pillow and giggled. Lord I've never giggled before. What's wrong with me? I open my eyes to see that it was dark out. I frowned at the beam of moonlight that lite the room dimly. How long have I been asleep. I scratched my head then threw the sheets off me. Something was telling me I was suppose to be remembering something but what? I get up and shiver when my feel make contact with the cold wooden floor. Where is everyone?

I walked to the door and headed down the creaky old stairs. I heard hush voices from what looked to be a kitchen. I walked over and the whispering stopped. As I enter the kitchen I noticed that Charlie and Tristan weren't the only ones in here. I looked over to see a talk skinny tall guy leaning against the stove. He was pretty cute with that light brown hair and light grey eyes with long dark eyelashes framing them. My eyes moved from him to Charlie and Tristan and back. Why are they looking at me like that?

" So whatcha all talking about?" I asked putting my hands on my hips.

" Nothing," they all said at once.