Chapter 9

Chapter 9

This was beyond embarrassing. My body was still heated from all the bumping and grinding Tristan and I just did. On top of that I could feel my happy juices slowly falling down my legs. I was still frozen in place of shock of what Charlie said. Dragon? You can't be serious. But by how serious he said it with a straight face I knew he was telling the truth. Was I big as the dragons in eragon or small as mushu in Mulan? I silently laughed in my head at that.

"Why don't you go and take a shower and wash off all that fun you and Tristan just had. I can smell you from here," with that said he walked out the room. But as he turned I could of sworn I saw a flash of hurt flicker in his eyes. Now I felt bad. I sighed and stepped away from Tristan. I felt cold and alone instantly.

Tristan sighed and softly kissed the top of my head then left without saying one word. I turned around and walked in my closet for fresh clothes then walked to the door I hadn't checked out, hoping it was a bathroom. I slowly opened it to see it was in fact a bathroom. Not as big as the one at that hotel but this size was still nice. I walked in and closed the door behind me. I set the clothes on the large counter and quickly stripped out of Tristan's shirt and my soaked underwear. I turned the shower to hot and walked over to the sink to wait for the temperature to reach its right temp. As I waited I turned on the sink and cleaned off all my make up. When done I stepped into the shower and let both mind and body relax.

When I felt that I stayed in the shower long enough I cut off the water and stepped out. I dressed taking my sweet time. I have to face them sooner or later.

I slowly made my way down the stairs to the dining room. They were both sitting down with a plate of food in front of them. None of them had touched anything. As soon as I sat down in front on my plate they dug in. Tension was thick in the air. I made sure not to make any eye contact. The whole time we ate it was silent. I thought of saying something a few times but I thought it'd be wise to stay quiet. As soon as I was done I got up and put my plate in the sink and walked into the living room.

It has a large bookcase full of wonderful looking books. Just as I past the window something outside caught my eye. I retraced my steps and peered out the window. What is that? It should be safe to go outside right? I nibbled on my lip and finally decided to go and investigate. I tip toed to the front door and slipped outside. I walked as quiet as possible as in round the corner to the back of the house.

I walked over to the glowing mushroom and gently touched it. It looks like a- I moved my hand back as something bright flew out of it. I blinked my eyes and pinched my arm to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Stared at it in disbelief.

"What the he-. Oh. Your highness," said the small man in front of me.

"A-are you a fairy?" I asked still in awe.

He chuckled and said "yes" with pure proudness as he bowed. I immediately bursted into tears. He quickly looked alarmed. Suddenly another light came from the glowing mushroom.

" Darian! What did you do?!" The woman who I presumed is his wife came up to me and patted my shoulder.

"I-it's okay. He didn't do anything. It's just cause you see my mother, the one who raised me was always fascinated with fairies. And she said that before she died that she'd love to meet one. Though before she could she was um.... murdered," I whispered the last word. I could feel my throat painfully close and fresh tears fall down my face.

" Oh hun, I'm so sorry," the woman said as she rest her tiny hands on my shoulder.

"She would of loved to meet you guys," I said smiling through tears.

"Well I'm not trying to brag buuuuuut we fairies are pretty awesome," Darian said popping the collar to his shirt. The woman and I bursted into a fit of giggles.

"OH! Where are my manners?! I'm sorry. I haven't introduced myself. I'm Margaret and I'm Darian's wife," she said giving me a curtsy. I nodded my head respectfully and smiled as I wiped away my tears.

"It's such an honor to meet you," Darian said smiling up at me.

" I must say its an honor to meet such wonderful fairies," I said smiling back. From the corner of my eye I watched as Margaret blushed at my compliment.

"Thank your highness," they said in sync as they bowed.

" Please call me Nova."

"So..... Got any questions?"

Oh boy, I have TONS. I sat down and nodded my head yes. We talked for a while. I found out that fairies don't feel one emotion at a time but multiple. It is true that they change the weather. Each week in a month and season they have a wheel of what the weather will be like. They find it funny how humans try to predict the weather a head of time and the opposite always happens. I wanted to ask more questions but a child's cry from the mushroom cut my question session short. I said my good byes and went back into the house. Today was taking a toll on me. I feel completely exhausted. I slowly walked up stairs in the dark and into my room. I went straight to my bed and got under the covers.

I hope charlie isn't mad at me. I have feelings for the both of them that I still haven't figured out yet. Maybe soon I will? The moment my head hit the pillow I was out.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N:

[Unedited]

VOTE!!!!!

COMMENT!!!!!!

FAN!!!!!!!

SHARE!!!!!!!

Ciao! <3