Prologue: A God Is Born

In the beginning, there was nothing. There were only two Immortals that lived (aside from Uranus and Gaia): Kronos, the King of the Titans, and Rhea, his wife. They were happy in their own way but still felt something was missing. So, they had a whole mess of kids. That's when everything began to go downhill. Kronos heard of a prophecy, from his father, Uranus - who is an oracle (in his own right) - that Kronos' sons would dethrone him, as Kronos did to his father.

Being paranoid that it was going to happen, Kronos turned colder and colder to the point where he became dark. He was a force so evil, he devoured his own children, and a good majority of them never made it past childhood. Except for six who survived: Zeus, the youngest was hidden in a cave in Crete as his mother protected him from being swallowed, so he can - one day - exact vengeance for his siblings. When the time came, Zeus exited his cave, faced his father, and gave him a potion that forced Kronos to vomit out his siblings in reverse order. Hades came out first, then Poseidon, Demeter, Hera, and Hestia.

Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades all agreed that Kronos needs to be dealt with. So they came up with a plan to free their uncles from Tartarus to help them. Hades, being comfortable navigating his way through the Earth, found them and released them. As they explained, the uncles agreed to their plan of dethroning the Titan King. In the cave where Zeus grew up, the brothers' uncles - the Elder Cyclopses (Arges, Brontes, and Steropes) as well as the Hekatonkhiere (Cottus, Briares, and Gyges) - forged three master weapons to help them. For Zeus, a lightning bolt that granted him powers over lightning and thunder; For Poseidon, a trident that gave him control over the Earth's water; and the Helm of Darkness given to Hades that turned him invisible, harnessed the powers of shadows, and be able to strike fear into the Titans.

With the combined effort of his brothers, Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades defeated Kronos by destroying him and cutting him up into a thousand pieces. As they argued over who would become the next King, Zeus drew lots, and, among them, the Earth divided as such: Poseidon would reign over the seas, Hades will hold dominion over the Underworld, and Zeus will rule the skies and become King of Mount Olympus. Before going off on their separate ways, they knew Kronos was still too dangerous to be controlled, so they banished his remains to the depths of Tartarus, where he can never escape. After the eleven-year war against the Titans, Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon have been given the name "The Big Three," the most powerful of all the Olympian Gods in existence.

As the ages passed, many more joined the ranks of Olympian Gods: Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Apollo, Artemis, Ares, Athena, and Hermes. Then, all of Olympus had a whole group of minor Gods and Goddesses, but still important to their Kingdom. They watched the world change and evolve, where Ancient Greece became the central mecca of Olympian God worship.

================================================================================

Hades, being King of the Underworld, felt lonely, and needed a Queen to rule by his side. One day as he visited the surface, he saw Persephone, Daughter of Demeter, and Goddess of Spring. Overcome with longing (and possible insanity), Hades kidnapped Persephone and took her to the Underworld, where she remained until she was ordered to return. But, not before Hades gave her six pomegranate seeds to eat, thereby signifying the bond of marriage to the Lord of the Underworld. Ever since then, Persephone would return to the Underworld - every six months of the year - as Queen and Hades' wife.

And that is where our story begins.

================================================================================

Hades was in Olympus, pacing back and forth, waiting for when his wife would finally give birth. The gods watched as Zeus' brother walked around like an animal in a zoo.

Child of Fire and Death [Ben x Hallie (OC)] - Disney's Descendantsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें