21. Graduation

N A D A' S P O V

"Yes Mom be there by four. I had informed you yesterday also." I told my Mom through phone.

"Okay then bye AllahHafiz (Muslims parting greeting. Meaning may God be with you)."

"I am going you have to come Mom, okay?" I told Aunt Naaz.

"And you too." I turned towards Uméma.

"Ofcourse!" She smiled.

"And Fahad, don't forget to bring Alizah's bag I have already put all the necessary items you just have to carry along." I directed to Fahad who was sitting on the couch with, as usual, laptop on his lap.

"Wait a minute, where am I going?" He asked bewildered.

"Won't. . . won't you come to my graduation?" I asked with hesitation.

"I will not. Just ask Uméma to carry that bag." He dismissed me.

"No! You wait a minute! Fahad why won't you come? It's Sunday anyway you don't have to go the office, then?" Uméma interrupted in between.

I did feel a little bad when he said that he will not attend my graduation.

"Holidays are for employees not for the boss." He said and started typing on his laptop again.

Why does he do that? I shouldn't expect things from him? I seriously thought that he would come. Anyway why am I feeling so bad.

"No Fahad it-" Uméma was again going to say something when I cut her off.

"It's okay Uméma. Work is more important. Anyway I want you guys to come and please Ummi bring Alizah and her bag. Now I gotta go, I need to be there half an hour before and Mira would be waiting for me."

"How will you go? Your car is still at Target. How will Mira reach there? You are going with her?" Aunt Naaz said. That's how a mother is. She will worry about everyone.

"I will take a cab." I told her not trying to make her worry about me.

"No. Fahad will drop her. Go now Fahad put your work aside. Atleast for your wife." Aunt Naaz scolded.

"Mom! No please I have work." Fahad came out with his pathetic excuse.

"'No please I have work. Idiot." Uméma mimicked his voice.

Lol.

"Atleast drop her at her college, lazy lad." Aunt Naaz scolded Fahad.

Oh I love these Sheikh ladies.

"Come on now. What are you waiting for?" He came with his car keys.

"Because of this. Because of your attitude I didn't want to go with you." I snapped. Look at his attitude! Already I am angry with him for not coming to my graduation, don't why I am upset, and he is here showing his stupid arrogance.

"What?" He asked confused.

"Give me your car keys I will drive myself." I spread my palm infront of him.

"No I won't give you my precious car to you. Come I'll drop you. I am going Mom." He clutched my hand which was spread and dragged me out.

"AllahHafiz Mom and Uméma. Meet you guys soon." I shouted back.

And I followed my so called husband out.

The main thing which was making me dizzy was that my hand was still in Fahad's hand.

"Sit now. What happened?" He asked once we were infront of the car.

"Car please tell your owner that I am angry with him and won't sit inside until he says sorry." I dictated making his 'car' our communication mean. I am so silly. Sometimes I agree with Fahad when he says that I am stupid.