nineteen

𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙎𝙏𝙊𝙇𝙀𝙉 𝘽𝙇𝙐𝙀 𝙏𝙍𝙐𝘾𝙆 𝙍𝙊𝙇𝙇𝙀𝘿 𝘼𝘾𝙍𝙊𝙎𝙎 𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙏𝙀 𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙀𝙎 𝙄𝙉𝙏𝙊 New Jersey.

Steve in the driver's seat, Natasha in the passengers, and Aurora in the back.

She had her head pressed against the glass, looking at the landscape. Everything was screaming at her inside her head. The voices and memories from her past life to now, all of it shouting at once.

A lot of flashes of her husband came into her mind, flashes of his handsome smile and laughter playing through Aurora's ears like she just heard them.

In the summer of nineteen thirty, just a year of moving to Brooklyn and settling into school. Aurora Gallagher, Steve Rogers, and James Barnes were the most horrid during their education. Only just the three of them became the most known class clowns and troublemakers at school, always joking but had perfect scores on everything.

But this time of night when the air began to cool down, the trio sat on the roof of an apartment building. Just looking up at the stars twinkling in the sky, snacks and pillows surrounded them all.

"Do you guys still think we'll be best friends in the future?" The little voice of Steve asking the others.

Aurora sat up, resting her elbows on the pebbles. She eyed the skinny boy, shocked at how he could ask a question.

"Of course we're still going to be best friends in the future! We have to live up and annoy everyone when we get to high school, no one else can." Bucky cheered.

The girl nodded, "I love being your friend! You guys were there when no one else wanted to be my friends, and I love you like my siblings that I don't have."

Steve nodded, taking another sip of his soda. "Good, just checking," he laid back down on his blanket.

"I love you guys, no one can ever break us apart," Aurora smiled at her two boys.

Steve watched Aurora in the backseat, she hadn't said a word since the mall and he could tell that something wasn't right.

Natasha studied his movements toward Aurora, concerned as to why he suddenly trusted her when she was there that night of Nick Fury's death.

"I guess the two of you did a lot back together," Natasha turned and smirked.

Steve turned his head away from the road, "Rory and I? Please no, she's nothing but family to me. We went through a lot of things together but that's it, strictly best friends." Nat nodded, looking back to make sure that Aurora did not just hear what she said.

"When did Captain America learn how to steal a car?"

"Nazi Germany. And we're borrowing, take your feet off the dash."

Nat slowly took her feet off the dash, "alright I have a question for you, which you do not have to answer. But I feel like if you don't answer it though," she started.

"What?" Steve scowled

"Was that your first kiss since nineteen forty-five?"

"No, it was not my first kiss since nineteen forty-five," Aurora dropped her mouth open when Steve said that, laughing as a memory passes through.

He looked in the mirror, "what, are you laughing? Why is that so funny?"

"I just remembered that time you tried to kiss a girl then before you could even get to her lips, you vomited all over her shoes." Aurora chuckled. She and Bucky talked about it the entire night and the next day after seeing something like that.