twelve

𝙁𝙊𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝘽𝙍𝘼𝙄𝙉 𝙏𝙊 𝘿𝙄𝙀, 𝙄𝙏 𝙏𝘼𝙆𝙀𝙎 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍 𝙏𝙊 𝙎𝙄𝙓 minutes, and ten minutes for the brain cells to completely shut down and lose oxygen.

But it took Aurora Amelia Barnes five minutes to have her brain fully restored, starting to breathe normally again. When she finally opened her eyes, it felt as if though she went to sleep but only waking up to feel as though her body was not hers. The orange serum injected into her system changed her genetics completely, making her anew.

She lifted from the table and looked down at her hands, orange-glazed her bloodstream and veins. What did they do to me?

The woman squeezed herself to get her restraints off, finally free she hugged her body. She opened her hands to see a sudden charge of a fire in her palms. With her curiosity, she threw the ball of heat at the stone wall and made a loud bang. Aurora looked around at her mess, equipment, and the glass shattered to the floor. She jumped down from the metal table, taking in the new powers.

Aurora was about to make her escape but as soon as her feet began to move, guards with heavy weapons were surrounding her.

"Ne dvigaysya, zamoroz'!" Don't move, freeze!

Aurora made the ball of flames in both of the palms of her hands, her eyes glowing a cooper color. The guards stepped closer and She glared, counting the six guards in the room. They moved closer and the girl steady her stance, one guard made the first move by shooting. Aurora sucked in her breath and threw the ball of fire. The guard screamed in pain as his whole body burst into flames, he moved frantically and collapsed on the floor lifeless and the fire simmering down. All of them stopped to look at what she had done, her lips turned into a smirk loving the feeling of her power.

"Kto sleduyushchiy?" She growled, eyeing the men. Two charged at her with their fists, Aurora grabbed their necks and gritted her teeth. Her powers burned the men's skin, snapping their necks in the process. Who's next?

The next three didn't stand the chance against Aurora, dropping their guns and holding up their fists. It was useless as Aurora absorbed more of her power, throwing blasts and slamming them hard against the concrete all and their trail of blood sliding to the floor.

Aurora huffed and cooled her body down completely, she ran out into the corridor hearing the screeching alarm all across, turning her head to see armed men with guns in both directions, aiming right at her.

Nervously using her powers, Aurora focused on the guns. She raised her hands watching them fly into mid-air out of the guards' hands, crushing her fists, the guns burned to ash. She gasped, watching all of her destruction in a matter of minutes.

"Little one!" Aurora turned her head to see her superior standing there, walking closer to face her.

Aurora froze, not wanting to disobey in front of the man. "I thought I lost you, the test killed you!" The man looked in a world of confusion. He shook his head, "you have truly outdone yourself, little one." The superior sucked him his teeth, pointing his finger up. "You have made HYDRA and myself proud, you will become legendary!"

Legendary. A word that had never come out of her superior's mouth. They rather called her a beast, trained with a mind only meant for terrorizing and filled with poison. Aurora was infected with immense power and her mind couldn't even comprehend that it was bad for her.

She watched as another guard come down the corridor, taking her arm roughly. After the whole dying and coming back to life again, Aurora hoped that she would be taken back to her cell, she couldn't take another experiment.

In the months since she was taken; Aurora spoke fluently in three languages, injected with a blue serum that gave her heightened senses and making her stronger, a trained assassin, and now given the powers of fire manipulation and telekinesis.

Her cell opened as she was placed back into what she called home since she couldn't remember the brownstone she used to live in. All the pictures, her family, even she couldn't remember what her name was. Everything was gone.

She laid down on her cot looking at her hands, exploring the feeling of her brand new power. With the snap of her finger, a tiny flame landed on the top of her index finger then opening her hand and watched it travel to her palm to make a fireball, she was in awe of what she became. She was not human anymore.

When she was in the hallway, the feeling of the guards cowering in fear as she killed them one by one was blissful. She enjoyed the pleasure of torturing and the sounds of bones breaking with every punch. It was so wrong but it felt incredibly good.

Then she was sucked in a world where it was only herself she had to care for because no one was coming to save her. HYDRA feeds her lies that soon became the truth, she was trapped her and that she belonged nowhere but this cell in this facility. Her leaders told her she was nothing because she was nothing. She had no place in the world but to kill people that stood in her way.

Aurora wasn't herself anymore.

She is dead.

But she is reborn.

Her name was Rogue.

AUTHORS NOTE!

this chapter was so amazing to write and I love aurora so much