forteen

36 years later
may 19th, 2014
washington, d.c., hydra base

𝘿𝙀𝘾𝘼𝘿𝙀𝙎 𝙁𝙀𝙇𝙏 𝙇𝙄𝙆𝙀 𝙈𝙄𝙉𝙐𝙏𝙀𝙎. Aurora was constantly brought alive in different time periods and she accepted it. Dates were constantly lost put she picked up the pieces when a new piece of technology was shoved in her face.

She was born into a world with the darkest times, struggling to make a living. Then she became a girlfriend, a fiancé, and a wife to the man she dreamed of being with for eternity.

But she lost him.

And she lost herself.

In the ninety six years that she had been alive from cryo chambers and the super serum, she'd become the dangerous weapon; an unstoppable force that had a record of over almost two thousand kills and untraceable fires across the world.

Aurora was resting in the large bathtub, the water boiling and steam floating in the air with the help of her powers. Her body relaxed and her mind with nothing, fingers circling around in the bubbles.

"Sorry to interrupt," the sound of a man's voice made Aurora snapped her head. She growled as she saw a fair-tan skin man with a vest across in her room, he was messing up her alone time.

"What do you want?" She hissed, her golden eyes flicked up and down at him.

"A mission," he inched closer into the room while holding a folder. Aurora stood up in the water, letting it all run down and drip around her curves. The man tried not to stare, he chuckled and his eyes hit the floor. It wasn't the first time Aurora's sex appeal  intimidated men, she was proud of it.

She snatched the folder, looking at the target. Just a simple hit and kill, perfect. Aurora threw the folder back at Rumlow, making him fumble to catch it.

"You didn't have to throw it," he groaned.

"And you didn't have to interrupt my relaxation, but you did anyway," Aurora spoke softly, smirking.

Rumlow rolled his eyes, "Be in the armory in ten and on the jet in five." he said while turning to walk away.

"Hey!" Aurora barked at the man, making Rumlow turn around and roll his eyes.

He snapped, "What!"

"Can you hand me my towel, please?" Aurora giggled. Rumlow followed the ordered and threw the towel at the naked woman.

Aurora simply covered herself with towel, changing into a pink sports bra and leggings. For a woman to be so pronounced as one HYDRAs deadly assassins, she had a lot of freedom around the facility. She'd go to train in the training, her meals would be in her room, and she had the most respect from everyone since she could burn down a entire skyscraper in just one gesture.

When she arrived at the armory there was a table in the middle. At the table was a suit respectively for Aurora, a black leather catsuit with orange stripes down the sides. She gladly smiled, stepping in and zipping it up to her neck. Then she put on black knee-high leather boots, wedged to make her taller. Lastly, she strapped on black fingerless gloves.

She was about to step out of the room when she jumped at the man standing in front of her. The man had an emotionless face, around his eyes was smeared with black paint, and a mask over his mouth, with the same metal arm with the red star. Aurora's partner.

The two didn't say anything, the man grabbed a large gun and loaded it with bullets. Aurora placed her black mask over mouth, her copper eyes shining. With the both of them ready for the mission, they walked to the roof to quinjet.

When the plane was close to the target area, both Aurora and her partner were caught up on their mission. This was the last known address of where he could be, and the last night of his life.

The bomb bay doors latched open on the room of an office building, Aurora stepping out the roof and stepping on the gravel underneath her boots. The solider cocked the heavy gun, keeling down at the target through the window. Aurora stayed back, looking around to make sure this mission would be completed, only using her powers if necessary.

later that night, 8:47pm

𝙎𝙏𝙀𝙑𝙀 𝙍𝙊𝙂𝙀𝙍𝙎 𝙒𝘼𝙇𝙆𝙀𝘿 𝙐𝙋 𝙏𝙃𝙀 stairs to his apartment, his keys jingling in his hands. He almost made it before he passed a woman coming out of her apartment with pink nurse scrubs and a laundry basket on her hip. The super solider smiled at her genuinely, turning to see if she needed any help.

"My aunt, she's kind of an insomniac," the woman chuckled.  They both shared a moment of silence before Steve stepped up and decided to say something.

"Hey, if you want–if you want, you're welcome to use my machine," he said, trying to be helpful. "Might me cheaper than the one in the basement."

The woman nodded, "oh yeah, what will it cost?" she smirked.

"A cup of coffee?"

She looked down, "thank you, but i already have a load downstairs and you really don't want my scrubs in your machine. I just finished a rotation in the infectious disease ward, so."

"I'll keep my distance," Steve chuckled, grinning at the floor.

"Hopefully not too far," the nurse said after him. The two blushed roughly on their cheeks, seeing some kind of a connection there.

As Steve went to turn to go into his home, the nurse stopped him again. "Hey, I think you left your radio on by accident," she said. Steve furrowed his brows in confusion, that's never happened before. He said a quick apology watching her leave down the stairs, then he leaned into his door to hear the music muffled.

He quickly made a plan to go out hallway and onto the fireplace and enter the room, something was going on and Steve didn't like it.

AUTHORS NOTE!

welcom to part two of fire and ice!! it's only going to go up from here and more time for my babygirl aurora to shine!