Chapter 2 - Route 1

Once the two of them had gotten out of pallet town ash came to a stop so they would be easier for his friends to find them, while waiting Ash took out his pokedex and scanned houndour so he would know what his starters current power levels where and where they would need to begin their training.

"Houndour the dark Pokémon, houndour hunt in coordinated packs and use a verity of cries to communicate with each other to corner their prey, this Pokémon's teamwork is unparalleled. This Pokémon is a male, lv. 5, with the duel typing of dark and fire it's ability is flash fire, this Pokémon currently knows the moves leer, ember, thunder fang, and howl"

"your a tough little guy aren't you" ash said with a smile as he watched the little guy puff up in pride.

"there are only a few more friends that we have to wait for before we leave completely but they should be here in a few moments" not long after he said this ash sensed a presence in the air that houndour seemed to notice as well from how he was shifting and looking for anything that might be hostile as he scanned the tree line and Fields around them.

"don't worry it's just my friends, they like to play pranks like this but they would never hurt us" ash reassured the pup who calmed down and sat down by his side waiting for them to reveal themselves, seeing that the fun was over the Pokémon began to appear out of thin air.

The gastly and haunter appearing from wisps of smoke in the air while the odd Gengar that had stayed near appeared out of the shadows in the forest and a single vulpix elegantly stepped out from behind a bush, once they had shown themselves a large number of gastly surrounded ash trying to stick as closely as they could to the young boy trying to tell him how much they wanted to go with him.

"alright! Alright everyone, calm down, remember you can come with me but if I catch all of you than a large number of you will have to stay at the ranch however I did ask the elder to choose one of you for me to catch" ash said as he managed to calm down the excitable ghosts who quickly turned to the eldest of the Gengar who had been around ash since he was a child, the elder nodded his head slightly before pointing at one of the larger gastly in the group that had been clinging to a spot near his head. The gastly let go for a moment to spin around in it's joy at having been chosen while the others seemed to wilt at having not been chosen for a spot on his team.

"don't worry once I pass my first league I'll be able to hold more Pokémon and besides just because you aren't on the team yet doesn't mean that you can't come with us" ash said trying to cheer up the gastly while the haunter laughed a little off to the side having already decided to follow ash out of town either he caught them or not. With the gastly reassured ash unhooked on of his poke balls but before he could even think about throwing it the large gastly dove for the ball and was captured without a second of resistance, ash was quick to release the gastly so they could all travel together.

Once gastly had gotten over his excitement ash turned to the vulpix that had stepped out of the bushes with the rest of the ghost types, this vulpix had been saved as a baby thanks to a league raid on an illegal breeding ring. The little fox had been stolen from a registered breeder and had been the reason the league was able to finale find the illegal breeders ring as they had taken the poor girl to be healthy breeding stock, the little Pokémon had only been stolen for two days but by the time the league trainers had found her she had almost turned completely feral in order to protect herself from the other Pokémon.

The Ketchum home had already been turned into a sanctuary by then and professor oak who had helped with the raid knew that the little fox wouldn't be able to get into any trouble with so many ghost types keeping everything safe, she was one of the few surviving Pokémon that could be rehabilitated.